mtbr member
    Apr 2010

Kicking the tires on a 2007 Rush Team

I have a neighbor selling a 2007 Rush Team. The story is, his dad bought the bike for him, he has only rode the bike three times (he has a Prophet that he generally rides). The bike does look new. He needs money and wants to sell.

Are there any gotchas with this year, make or model? Anything I should look at? The price is around $2000.

I generally ride a 2004 Specialized Enduro that has been updated to a more aggressive type riding (re: jumps, drops, stunts, downhill). I would like to add a lightweight XC machine to my bike rack.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    When new those were in the 6K range.

If it is the team (as opposed to the 1 or 2) it should weigh in at 24lbs +/- depending on frame size.

The rims and cranks alone would cost that if you had to replace, not to mention the frame and carbon lefty.

Give it a test ride see if you like it.If you do and If it is in good shape, I say buy it!

If not and you are in Los Angeles....

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    I had a Rush 3 and loved it (hence the web name). I upgraded everthing on it. It was fast,4.7" travel F/B and would fly down the trail. Great climber too.

I drank the 29er Koolaid and sold it :-( .............wish C'Dale would make a Rush 29er FS, would buy it in a second!
    Tahoe29er

No good in rock gardens..
    The low BB height makes the Rush a crank-whacker in rocky stuff, if that matters. Gotta love the single pivot and large pivot axle and bearings, maintenance wise. I love my '08 Rush 4 SL.
    My Cannondale Lefty keeps failing....