7hz
    Old newbie

Just weighed my Caffeine...

I just weighed my Caffeine 4SL - scales say 10 Kg (22 Lbs)

Does this sound right? I thought the bike was closer to 12Kg for some reason!

Loving every minute if it, by the way Just got the Egg Beaters on and loving them Is it possible to marry a bike?

LA CHÈVRE
    Well, you got a nice light frame and one of the lightest fork to start with.... You seem to enjoy it and that's exactly what you are supposed to.

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 7hz

Is it possible to marry a bike?
    That depends.

If you've got a girl bike, there are a few states in the South that allow it. If it's a boy bike, you have to travel to New Hampshire. If you're talking about marrying your entire fleet of bikes, you need to head out to Utah for that.

7hz
    Old newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gerous
    Well, you got a nice light frame and one of the lightest fork to start with.... You seem to enjoy it and that's exactly what you are supposed to.
    Yeh for sure, I was just a bit surprised about exactly how light it is! If I am not careful, I will end up a weight weenie, I am already having dirty thoughts about XTR rear cassettes, Stan's, and titanium egg beaters!

Quote Originally Posted by SlipperyPete
    That depends.

If you've got a girl bike, there are a few states in the South that allow it. If it's a boy bike, you have to travel to New Hampshire. If you're talking about marrying your entire fleet of bikes, you need to head out to Utah for that.
    Funny stuff

I am in the UK (Scotland) though, so perhaps Gretna Green would be more appropriate http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gretna_Green, especially regarding the history of blacksmiths (!) conducting wedding ceremonies:

"The local blacksmith and his anvil have become the lasting symbols of Gretna Green weddings. Scottish law allowed for 'irregular marriages', meaning that, so long as a declaration was made, in front of two witnesses, almost anybody had the authority to conduct the marriage ceremony. The local blacksmiths in Gretna became known as 'anvil priests'. As a "forger", the blacksmith marries hot metal to metal over the anvil, in the same way the anvil priests forged a union between couples who had eloped in love."

Kinda appropriate for my case, although I dunno what the blacksmiths would think of my aluminium bride... I guess steel is still real for blacksmiths :-)

LA CHÈVRE
    Just don't forget the lube for your honeymoon!

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

7hz
    Old newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gerous
    Just don't forget the lube for your honeymoon!
    :-)

Ride, wash, lube

Repeat until satisfied