mtbr member
    Dec 2006

Just put down a deposit...

Well i did it, i finally got my act together and put down a deposit on a 2007 Cannondale Rush 4. I got the bike at MSRP but no taxes (so save 15% here in canada) and the shop is switching the crank that the bike comes with with a XT hollowtech 2 crank. I think thats a fair deal.

When time came to decide it was between the FSRxc pro and the rush 4, and after riding both it really was a no brainer. I was first a little skeptical about the lefty before i had even riden it, but after riding it, my mind was made up ....i love this fork. I know its not the top of the line fork but i think the DLR2 is a nice fork none the less. ]

Just so people know i used to ride a stumpjumper hartail m4 pro and loved that bike, i would have never thought i would be riding a cannondale, but the ride between the rush 4 and FSRxc was like night and day.....i know i made the right choice. I pick up the bike early next week.....pictures are coming.....thanks to all on the cannondale boards that helped me out.....

Lefty Heaven
    Mar 2007
    I've got a DLR2 as well and although it's not a top end Lefty, it's lighter than many other high end 110mm forks and stiffer. Has a great ride, uses all it's travel and has a great lockout (yes, a real lockout!).... what more can I say!
    Yes, I do want a Lefty Carbon SL, but for what it is the DLR2 is excellent.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    thats just what i thought, although i havent really been out on the trails yet, the bike rode great in the little test run i had at the shop.

Really happy to be picking it up in a couple of days

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I recently put down a deposit for the same bike. I had to wait a couple weeks for the black and orange, but its worth it IMO. It should be here on Thursday and I'm counting the hours. In the meantime I'm beating up my old bike with the knowledge that a new one is on the way.

I went in initially to try out the Stumpy FSR comp and found it to be a really awkward bike (sat too high, cockpit was too short, suspension seemed to fight my riding style). I almost gave up on buying a FS bike because of it, but I gave the Rush a try and it opened my eyes. It sits lower, is a much more agile bike and the suspension was working with me on the Rush. Different spokes for different folks.

Seems like Cannondale knows how to build a bike for riding in the rocky NE, seeing how they hail from PA.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006

Good job!

well, i just picked up the bike today. And boy am i glad i bought this bike. I must have rode for 3-4 hours today. theres so much i can say about this bike but to sum it up..

Like....-the XT crank that i had put on there is buttery smooth
    - ive never had a lockout on any of my previous bikes, and i like it alot when im just riding on fire roads or pavement...
    - Love the lefty, thought it would take awhile to get used to it but it didnt, very smooth and stiff..love it
    - as ive again never had a FS bike., this is a joy to ride on the trail.

I could go on and on but you get the point, i love this bike..As for the things i dont like

1. upgrading parts like stem, wheels, headset is much harder then a regular bike ( but i dont mind, love the lefty look)
    2. Under hard acceleration the rear deraileur skips on the smallest 2 cogs, just a adjustment thing, going tomorrow to get it fixed
    3. Some of the cables rub against the frame under hard cornering, need to get some protective film or something there

All the negatives are minor and can easily be fixed,

BTW.. i got the shop to put my bike on the scale when i picked it up with the XT crank (as thats the only upgrade i have so far) and she weighed in at 28.78lbs....not to bad for mostly stock...i want to get the bike to 25.5-26 lb range...i think its doable....

All in all, very glad with the purchase....pictures coming tomorrow..

Lefty Heaven
    Mar 2007
    Congratulations on the purchase. Welcome to the Lefty side!!

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    well seeing as i dont know how to post pictures, i cant post them up..sorry guys....

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by lukel90
    well seeing as i dont know how to post pictures, i cant post them up..sorry guys....
    just go to www.imageshack.us to upload your photos. Copy the "Hotlink for forums 1" code and and paste it in your post. Its that simple.

I would love to see pics of this bike since mine wont be in till tuesday.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    oops
    lets try that again

mtbr member
    Dec 2006

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    im not really a computer guy...im copying the url then putting [IMG] at the beginning and /img at the end.....

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    [IMG]http://www.easypix.ca/en/pubthumbs.php3?id=8703440+0&key=3e7f4aa50ab1909929aa069ae855bb01[img]

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    i dont know why, but i post lots of pictures on car forums and it works...i dont really know what im doing wrong.....maybe i can just email the pictures to you.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    [IMG]

ok that was the last try...if you can give me your email i can email you the pics or the link...this is a little embarrasing

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    hey it worked

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

if you want a specific pic...just let me know

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    dont know why the pics are that small..their suppposed to be 2592 x 1944

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    you need to put [/img] at the end, not /img

i sent you a private message with my email if you could send me the pics.

did you get the black and orange also?

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    [IMG][URL=http://img96.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0305ag7.jpg][/IMG]

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    im sorry man....this is fricken ridiculous...how come its so easy to post to pictures on other forums. i cant seem to get it to work....i can see the pics when i log into mtbr.com, but no one else can....lol...this thread has gone to crap becaseu of all my messed up posts..lol.....at least my post count is going up.....i have the pics up on my facebook if you wanna take a look at them...lukasz lawrynowicz

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I'm thinking maybe your images won't post because they are too big? They might limit pic size to keep bandwidth under control.