mtbr member
    Jul 2008

Just picked up a cannondale 08' C02 F5

I have been putting this off for years now and well, it's about time I got off the couch and hit the trails!

After some searching, I picked up F5. I went for a 2-3 mile ride when I got home and was very pleased with bike. The dart 3 is nice, But I would like some more adjustability. Bike feels light, but I haven't weighed it yet. Brakes and components are good, haven't tried any of the new stuff but I see myself maybe getting some X.0 stuff, maybe some AVID juicy brakes. I had the seat swapped out as the stocker was a brick! The new one is more plush.

Honestly, I could of went with a more expensive bike. But for the money, I think this will be fine for the trails around here. Eventually I'll start the modding, anyone have any suggestions? I'm currently 5'11" 200lbs. The frame is a large, it miiiight be a bit to tall for me, but I can live with it. A medium felt small and the reach to the pedals is perfect.

So, anyone out there have one of these?

mtbr member
    Just grabbed an '09 yesterday. Dart3, X-7's, BB5's stock weren't a bad choice by Cannondale for the price point after researching every friggin bike in the $600-$700 range. Seat and grips (Morse) are on the fast list to change out. Went with the XL being 6'3" 215lbs and will know quickly if there is a weak area to address. So far, so good AND I have a few $$ left in the bank for gas to get to the trails.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Blueeyes
    Just grabbed an '09 yesterday. Dart3, X-7's, BB5's stock weren't a bad choice by Cannondale for the price point after researching every friggin bike in the $600-$700 range. Seat and grips (Morse) are on the fast list to change out. Went with the XL being 6'3" 215lbs and will know quickly if there is a weak area to address. So far, so good AND I have a few $$ left in the bank for gas to get to the trails.
    09 models are out already?

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Great choice. Are there any differences between the 08' and 09' models? I also thought the F5 is a good choice with what is available within the same price range. I also got a silly mongoose xr-250 (nothing worth mentioning really!) that i've had for some time and if I do mod the F5, i'll just dump on that... god knows she needs it!!

Anyways, congrates brotha!