mtbr member

Just got an F6 for my son!!

So my son turns 13 at the end of this month. His Schwinn Great Plains hasn't been cutting it for the mountain biking we've been doing, so he was using my old Delta V. Due to the geometry, it didn't fit him too well, so we'd end up switching and he'd be on my Prophet (which he fits on fine), sticking me with my old Delta V .
    He's been drooling over this F6 that's at the LBS, so my wife and I said what the hay and went a little over board and got him an early birthday present! (actually a group present - had some family members contribute to is so he gets one big present from everyone instead of a bunch of little stuff)
    He's psyched, and I don't have to share my Prophet anymore. Everyone's happy!
    Went for our first ride with it as soon as he got it - Now I can't keep up with HIM !

Really nice bike. We tried out a few other ones in that price range, but the F6 was definitely the best. He really wanted the F6 - looks like my son is inheriting my Cannondale obsession.

Side note: The welds on the Taiwanese models aren't as clean as the USA models, but still look better than most of the other manufacturers.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    '05 Prophet 1000
    '09 F3
    '93 Delta V 700
    '08 F6 Lefty (son's)
    '08 F6 (daughter's)

mtbr member
    That's cool. I kind of wish my dad would go mountain biking with me but we have other hobbies we both enjoy as well. I also ride a Prophet and it's a great bike. That F6 is sweet though. I like the red color.