mtbr member
    Nov 2007

Just got a F-6 hardtail

Over 10 yrs since I have rode and started to miss it. We were in Las Vegas and went to Bike World and rode several bikes around and really liked the feel of the 2008 F-6. I have almost 50 miles on it now. My riding is in campgrounds and surrounding area and deserts. The $499 was about all I needed to spend and I enjoy the bike. Does anybody else ride the F-6 and do they enjoy it.

mtbr member
    Nope but i have a similar style frame: 2001 F600 hardtail with a crapload of miles on it, yet it keeps going and going. For the money you couldnt have gotten a better bike IMO.. tho ill bet youll want to upgrade components in a couple years.

mtbr member
    May 2006

07 F5

I have a 07 F5 and love it. It only has 24 gears, but it is way better than my race bike 10 yrs ago.

The only 2 things I didn't like were the weight and the tires. Those tires didn't have much traction.

Otherwise, these lower end Cannodales are a deal. Keep the frame and swap the parts as they wear out.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007

i got one few months ago

first mountain bike, love it, had to replace the shitty pedals kuz they got smashed in by rocks but besides that no problem. i payed 579 for mine which i wish i had just waited a few more weeks until they got in the f5's for 650 with a better fork and disc brakes but what can you do. I didnt know how much i would like mountain biking so i opted for entry level now hopefully ill have enough dough to buy a prophet 3 at the beginning of summer

Members who have read this thread: 0