mtbr member
    May 2009

just bought a rush 7 and a upgrade question and a problem

so i had just bought it (less than 24hrs) and the shock had broke.. there was a bad seal and getting a new part under warranty. has anyone had this happen? also i was looking to upgrade it a bit with Fox Shox 32 Float Fork '09 and 09 Shimano Deore XT M770 175mm Crank Crankset
    what do you think about the upgrades?

fool goin up, joker down
    Jan 2009
    well I am ALWAYS against buying a bike and then thinking about uprgrades right away get a bike to suit your specs and it will be a LOT cheaper in the long run and also just ride your stuff til it breaks
    Mamma speed I'm back!!!

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by freaknunu
    well I am ALWAYS against buying a bike and then thinking about uprgrades right away get a bike to suit your specs and it will be a LOT cheaper in the long run and also just ride your stuff til it breaks
    i understand and agree but at 15 you can afford a 2g bike and having your new bike you saved up for for months break in less than A day is kida disappointing

mtbr member
    Do you mean the shock (R) broke or the fork (F) ?
    Did your bike come with a Lefty or a fork ?

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ccaddy
    Do you mean the shock (R) broke or the fork (F) ?
    Did your bike come with a Lefty or a fork ?
    it was the internal in the fork and it was a rock

fool goin up, joker down
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by cerberus128128
    i understand and agree but at 15 you can afford a 2g bike and having your new bike you saved up for for months break in less than A day is kida disappointing
    I am literlly in the EXACT same boat as you are I am teenager save up money for a couple of years, riding an old bike while I was saving up cash, but the difference is that I found a bike that suits me NOW. I am sorry that you fork broke but it still doesn't justify buy new parts for a bike that is less than 24 hours old
    Mamma speed I'm back!!!

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Wait, the front shock broke? How did it break? Is it being covered under warranty?

mtbr member
    it was the internal in the fork and it was a rock
    How did you get a rock into an RS Tora?

Unless you grabbed a rock and jammed it (physically shoved it) into the internals of the fork, it sounds like a classic "JRA" story.

Are you sure that a rock destroyed your new fork? Take it back to the shop and ask them to look at it, and explain what happened. If they are good guys, they will take a look, if not, find a new LBS.

Yea it sucks to have parents telling you what you can and cant spend money on. I'm a senior in high school (only for 28 more days) so I know how badly it sucks. It may even be worse for me because I work at a shop, so I am around high end stuff all day.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by amillmtb
    How did you get a rock into an RS Tora?

Unless you grabbed a rock and jammed it (physically shoved it) into the internals of the fork, it sounds like a classic "JRA" story.

Are you sure that a rock destroyed your new fork? Take it back to the shop and ask them to look at it, and explain what happened. If they are good guys, they will take a look, if not, find a new LBS.

Yea it sucks to have parents telling you what you can and cant spend money on. I'm a senior in high school (only for 28 more days) so I know how badly it sucks. It may even be worse for me because I work at a shop, so I am around high end stuff all day.
    no haha it was a rox shock haha nube mistake it was a bad seal

mtbr member
    Son , welcome to the Internet .
    There is a big difference between a fork "breaking" and just
    developing a leaky seal .
    You will need to convey your message(s) better .

A leaky seal will be repaired under warranty and the longest part of this
    repair will be awaiting for the seal arrive from Rock Shox (unless your dealer
    has it in stock

Couple hours of labour and you will be back on the trails .

mtbr member
    Nov 2006

Yes and No

Quote Originally Posted by freaknunu
    Yes and no. Many of my upgrades come from buying stuff on e-bay. For example I prefer a medium cage X0 or X9 derailleur and X0 grips shifters. I can by a 2007 XO derailleur for $120 and grips shifters for $60. First, I could not even get a bike with these parts. Second, a bike with some of the other stuff I want would be crazy expensive and I would need to sell the stuff I did not need such as the long cage X0 RD and the trigger shifters. The lower end replaced parts are also good for spares. I ride 3 or 4 days a week year round so I like have spare parts on hand.

I do agree that if you can afford to get a bike that suits your needs that is the long run a good way to go.

mtbr member
    no haha it was a rox shock haha nube mistake it was a bad seal
    A seal? If its not covered under warranty (it should be) you could fix it in about an hour or two with a service manuel.