mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Hope Just bought a Rize two frame on EBAY the seller said it was the carbon version.

I pull it out of the box, looks great few nick;s on the the down-tube but all miner stuff, I'm thinking to myself shouldn't the down-tube be carbon, I look inside the head tube its all aluminum, that's not right, even on my taurine this was carbon. I ping the whole thing with my wedding ring the whole triangle definitely not Carbon..

So I put it on the scale, yep gotta be full Aluminium 2692gram striped down to only frame, shock, derailleur hanger.

Should I send it back, or just ask for some monetary reimbursement.

Anyone know the cost of what a new Rize Carbon and Aluminium frame was. So I can put this into a percentage and use this as the asking discount.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    You should start by opening an "item not as described" case through the Ebay resolution center.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Well, I dont want to ruin there ebay rep it could be an honest mistake, I emailed him right away, no response yet, going to give them 24-32hrs to get back to me.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    on carbon rize and rz seatstay tube was made from alu and the rest is from carbon, so it's ok in your case.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Just bought a Rize two frame on EBAY the seller said it was the carbon version.-cannondale%2520rize%2520frame.jpg

here you can see which parts come from carbon and alu

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasiliyg View Post
    on carbon rize and rz seatstay tube was made from alu and the rest is from carbon, so it's ok in your case.
    well in my case the top tube head tube and bottom tube are aluminum so I don't think it's okay I am aware that the seat stays are carbon and the chain stays are aluminum. Your response to my post is quite confusing to me I'm not sure if you read my original post. look at page 7 of the o9 manual there is a good picture of the rize without paint on it.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Well, an Al Rize is not a bad rig. If you can get some cash back, I'd keep it. I have seen a number of pics with the head tube bearing area cracked on the carbon version.
    Lead by my Lefty............... right down the trail, no brakes.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Yes the seller was very nice and we worked it out, I got a partial refund based on what a Rize one Alloy sold for the same week, Ive seen those hairline cracked pics also, I just love the carbon feel of my Taurine and the frame has been flawless Ive been racing and riding it hard I use it as a freeride bike here on oahu and its been holding up great. So I'm not sure what the people/riders or cannondale were doing to make those bikes go bad but my c-dale carbon bikes have never failed, but Ive had a few Alloy bikes break while only XC racing them in Tx.

I'll give the bike a go its ONLY 330-360g heavier. also need a supplemental bike to my taurine when shes down for maintenance, gotta rebuild that Lefty 110 speed frequently (like now). If I dont like It can allways sell it.