mtbr member
    Jan 2008

Just bought my first c'dale: prophet 3z

i love the prophet 3z, but i was wondering how tough these things are? my last bike was a specialized enduro w/ a fox 36 (didn't climb very well). i made the move to the prophet as a result of research and reading forums, etc and it seems beefy enough to take abuse and i personally think it climbs really well. is there anything a 3z owner can recommend about riding, maintainence, etc. to make it last w/o too much expense for the next 5 years i'll have it? thanks alot, i'll post pics soon.

got the dhr...
    Welcome to the family! I don't have a prophet 3z, but an 08' prophet 2. These things are burly. And yes, I do also think they climb quite well. As far as maintenance goes, there's not much. You probably won't need new bearings until like 4 years. Prophet maintenance is minimal, pretty much just basic stuff i.e.: lubing your chain, cleaning it, tire pressure, shock and fork pressure, etc. Well, congrats on a good purchase, I hope your first ride was/is good.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    luseboy, thanks for the info and i'm taking it out to the trails this weekend coming up, so i'm pretty excited.

mtbr member
    welcome to the c-dale family, ride on!

ride.

I Tried Them ALL... Moderator
    Every time you hop on your Prophet- you will be reminded of the superiority your Cannondale has over other brands' bikes. To Cannondale- bike building is an art form and exacting science......to each individual rider. You made a great purchase. This will not be your LAST Cannondale!

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    my front small bearing needed replacement after about 6400 k, a XT shimano drivetrain works great on it too. for rocky singletracks this bike is great. mine is an upgraded 2005 600 wirh the Lefty Max. Welcome to the club.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    one more question: should i upgrade the rear swinger 3x shock? i am a huge fan of fox and i was wondering if it would be worth the upgrade?

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by guak85
    one more question: should i upgrade the rear swinger 3x shock? i am a huge fan of fox and i was wondering if it would be worth the upgrade?
    I'm going to say no it's not much of an upgrade, more of a side step to the same level, but different brand. If it was a Float R, then I would consider it an upgrade
    Lead by my Lefty............... right down the trail, no brakes.

LA CHÈVRE
    My advice would be to ride it as is for now, wait until you have more time riding it before deciding if you need any upgrades. The Swinger shocks work quite well I think.

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

Unit 91
    Welcome to the family! I had a Prophet for two years and it took everything I threw at it. The only reason I sold it was because I got a good deal on a Carbon Rush!
    Bikes

Ridin' dirty!
    Welcome
    My current Prophet is the best bike I've ever had and i don't think I'll be buying a different one soon
    The manitou shock is really nice...do as Dan said and wait how you'll like it.
    "Common sense isn't always that common!"
    Custom Prophet and Custom "Leftified" Delta V

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    all right, everyone thanks for the comments, i'll keep the bike as-is and just ride the hell out of it for now