mtbr member
    Sep 2011

Just Bought the Cannondale Law Enforcement 3...Tips?

Ok, so I am pretty new to "serious" mountain biking and am only 16 and I bought my Law Enforcement 3 the other day and love it....(was 639$ good price?) and I just wanted to know if any more experienced Cannondale riders had any tips? I've been biking almost everyday for a month now and am moving up to big rock (1.5-2.5 inch) gravel trails which I will prolly need bigger tires for. I will also need lock-on and not ergo grips and probally a light set (any good brands i should look at for these items?). Lastly, its worthy to note i live in a very very hilly area (rural germany). Also is anyone able to tell me the weight? its a L size frame. Thanks Sorry I can't post a link..apparently I need 10 posts XD
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Just Bought the Cannondale Law Enforcement 3...Tips?-p1060762.jpg  

Just Bought the Cannondale Law Enforcement 3...Tips?-p1060763.jpg  

Just Bought the Cannondale Law Enforcement 3...Tips?-p1060764.jpg  

Last edited by MTB RR; 09-20-2011 at 04:45 AM.

Ridin' dirty!
    Welcome to the forum.
    What year is your bike?
    Ergon grips are pretty nice, I bought a pair the other day and love them...they are lock on as well so you get the best of both worlds.
    As far as tires i would go for some Schwalbe Fat Alberts which are pretty cheap in Germany and perfect for rocky European terrain.
    Other than that I would wait for things to wear out and break before replacing anything else.
    "Common sense isn't always that common!"
    Custom Prophet and Custom "Leftified" Delta V

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Hmm...I'm not sure what year it is...but I think 2005...there are some numbers here QM37200...I read somewhere that the Q means its from 2005 I think. Then other numbers are 201103158-2 and F110304281. So maybe the 2011 means its from 2011??? O.O not sure really. And thanks, from what i've seen so far this is a pretty friendly, helpful, and fun online community and so when i found this site I decided to stay . Hmm ok I'll see if I can find some of those tires around here. Ok, I was thinking that a little myself cause its no use in replacing perfectly good parts unless its really really needed(tires). I'll try and find some of those grips aswell.

mtbr member
    Post some pics! Dont see many of the enforcement models around!
    '05 Prophet 1000
    '09 F3
    '93 Delta V 700
    '08 F6 Lefty (son's)
    '08 F6 (daughter's)

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Weight, if i would to guess, 32 to 36 lbs

It is based off the F series frame but the components are different from the F series or currently known as SL

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Ya, I would post pics but I can't says the website cause I need 10 posts XD. Ya I think its 32.4 because a big sticker on the bike said it was 16kg shipping weight but I just wanted to see if anyone knew for sure. And the rack weighs 1.7lbs so if 16kg is the real weight then it really weighs around 30. And ya the componets are different but are still pretty good for the price (I think).

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    16kg is ~35.27 lbs

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    *thinks* ....aw w8 ya 16kg is 35.27...again tho..if thats the real weight of it.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Posting for abilty to post pic. Will post in morning, is too dark atm.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Need a tip? Get a holster, uniform, and a badge and ride around giving tickets to unruly motorists!

(I doubt your bike weighs 35 lbs. That would include the box and the packing materiel too me thinks).
    Thanks to www.weavercycleworks.com for my awesome bike frames!

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Manicmtbr View Post
    Need a tip? Get a holster, uniform, and a badge and ride around giving tickets to unruly motorists!

(I doubt your bike weighs 35 lbs. That would include the box and the packing materiel too me thinks).
    Hah! I wish! Ya I hope it doesn't lol. As far as year goes...it may be new 2011 because i have this sticker thing that was on the bike (the same sticker I got the weight from which says N.W. 16kgs and G.W. 20kgs) and on top of the sticker it says DESCRIPTION: BIKE,11, LAW ENFORCEMENT 3 and is also dated at the bottom DATE:04/01/11. I think its safe to say this is a pretty new bike. Pic coming up soon.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Got Pics now, for whoever wanted pics, had to wait for some decent weather.