mtbr member
    May 2004

Jelyll weight question

I have an 01 Jekyll 2000 and I was wondering how it compared to the more recent Jekyll's as far as weight. It weighed in at 25 lbs but that was with a 2.30" Nokian front tire, wireless computer, and a pump and everything else was stock. I also put larger/stronger spokes a year ago after I kept on breaking spokes. So, how does it compare to the later models as far as weight?

I'm not a weight weenie but I thought it would be much heavier especially after the things I added. Dont get me wrong, it's still plenty light for me compared to my 41.5 lb. Kona Stinky.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyro
    I have an 01 Jekyll 2000 and I was wondering how it compared to the more recent Jekyll's as far as weight. It weighed in at 25 lbs but that was with a 2.30" Nokian front tire, wireless computer, and a pump and everything else was stock. I also put larger/stronger spokes a year ago after I kept on breaking spokes. So, how does it compare to the later models as far as weight?

I'm not a weight weenie but I thought it would be much heavier especially after the things I added. Dont get me wrong, it's still plenty light for me compared to my 41.5 lb. Kona Stinky.
    So no one has any clue???

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    The older models are suppose to be lighter than the newer models. At least that is what I have read. At 25 lbs you are running pretty light. I have a 1000SL with XTR cranks, BB, F & R Deraileur, a Monkey Lite bar, Thomson seat post...still running the Avid rim brakes with the Coda hubs and X225 rims. Mine weighs in at just under 27 lbs. C-Dale did put a 3rd Gen swingarm on it which is a bit heavier. That includes my water bottle cage, air pump, CO2 cart., computer, and a rear lock out switch too. I am running Mythos XC 2.1 on front and rear.

One of the guys at my LBS has a new Jekyll 1000 and it weighs in right about 29 lbs.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    I have used the frame trade in programm to exchange my old Cannondale Super V with carbon swingarm for a new jekyll 1000 frame. I added Magura Louise FR brakes, have an SRAM 9.0 SL derailleur with 9.0 shorty shifters, a raceface evolve XC crank and crossmax SL wheels with the new IRC Mythos XC II tubeless and my bike weighs 26.2 lbs

mtbr member
    May 2004
    how much did you get for your old frame and hyow much extra do you have to pay to get the new jekyll frame?

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Here in Europe the normal price for the frame was 3.599 , the trade in program price was 2.699 , so I received 900 for my frame. I have bought the bike 10 years ago for 1.487 .

mtbr member
    May 2004
    not bad.