mtbr member

Jekyll vs RZ140, Mojo, Stumpjumper, Epiphany, etc

Anyone who now has a Jekyll or ridden one have a comparison to the main players in the 140-150mm travel? How does it pedal / descend / handle vs bikes like the RZ140, Mojo, Stumpjumper, etc...

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I have some time on an RZ140, stumpy evo and a Blur LTc and the Jekyll is my favorite with the dyad its a it climbs like the RZ 140 and descends like the evo with out any real compromise the Geo is right and the bike just rides like an all mountain bike should. but that's just my opinion go ride a few bikes and see what you like and what suits the terrain you ride and your riding style.
    Transition Bikes 2008

26er
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanbal View Post
    Anyone who now has a Jekyll or ridden one have a comparison to the main players in the 140-150mm travel? How does it pedal / descend / handle vs bikes like the RZ140, Mojo, Stumpjumper, etc...

Thanks.
    Considering that I own one I am biased, but I think it is the best bike of the bunch. I rode the nomad, remedy, genius, and mojo and like the jeykll over all of those bikes. It climbs and descends better, but bear in mind the wait times. My second choice was the mojo hd and I almost got it after waiting 5 months for my bike. You may have to call around to find one or order and wait. My local shop has an ultimate in large.
    Live to ride!

The Family:
    Cannondale Jekyll Carbon 1
    Transition Bottle Rocket
    Norco Aline
    Niner MCR 29er Hardtail

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    I figure I will stick to my overweight Prophet untill I can afford a Jekyll. It appears to be the most logical and highest performing replacement from what Ive read but not yet tried out.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    I have a Jekyll Ultimate and a 09 Rize. If you search the forum you'll see that I was concerned moving from the Rize to the Jekyll but now that I have I wouldn't go back the Jekyll is a way better AM bike than the Rize could ever be. If you come to North Van look me up and we'll take both out at the same time and hit some gnarly trails that will give you a good comparison...

mtbr member
    thanks guys. the LBS has a large ultimate in stock so no wait time if i want to hit it.

my main concern is that i have owned 4 "AM" bikes over the past few years: Enduro SL, Mojo SL, Rize and a Durance; and in the end they have all sat in the garage under utilised because I generally go back to using the light, XC bikes. Although funnily, I loved the Enduro SL out of all the bikes above - I think because I set that up properly as an AM bike and it was used as designed whereas the other bikes all got the weight weenie treatment and werent great at AM and werent great at XC.

I've had a quick ride of a mates and it felt very similar to the Enduro so will probably end up pushing the button!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanbal View Post
    thanks guys. the LBS has a large ultimate in stock so no wait time if i want to hit it.

my main concern is that i have owned 4 "AM" bikes over the past few years: Enduro SL, Mojo SL, Rize and a Durance; and in the end they have all sat in the garage under utilised because I generally go back to using the light, XC bikes. Although funnily, I loved the Enduro SL out of all the bikes above - I think because I set that up properly as an AM bike and it was used as designed whereas the other bikes all got the weight weenie treatment and werent great at AM and werent great at XC.

I've had a quick ride of a mates and it felt very similar to the Enduro so will probably end up pushing the button!
    Hahaha sprung Nathan B! I can thoroughly recommend the Jekyll ultimate. For such a big bike it performs very well in the cross country stuff!
    Yours truly
    MrHyde

I'm with stupid
    I would really like a new jekyll but my funding is to small for that, But i did sell the lefty off the front of my rize and put a 140 revelation on it and a 70mm stem. Its about a inch longer so it slacked the bike out a touch. The bike feels SO much better now.

YB1
    mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by smilycook View Post
    Considering that I own one I am biased, but I think it is the best bike of the bunch. I rode the nomad, remedy, genius, and mojo and like the jeykll over all of those bikes. It climbs and descends better, but bear in mind the wait times. My second choice was the mojo hd and I almost got it after waiting 5 months for my bike. You may have to call around to find one or order and wait. My local shop has an ultimate in large.
    The 2012 Remedy 9.9 looks like it would give strong competition to the Jekyll. I think the ABP and DCRV tech on the Trek with XX and an adjustable Seatpost with integrated cable might add up to more than the Jekyl's rear shock. Plus I bet it's at least a pound lighter. 2012 Enduro looks good too, but I'm leaning towards a Slash 9 as my play bike, haven't had one since I owned a Prophet which I never really liked.
    Cannondale
    Spot Highline
    Emory Kalahari Kruiser