mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Jekyll Sag Indicator

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the stupid question in advance. But with the sag indicator do you set the pressure in the chambers to give the full 100% or something similar to 80% sag. I have tried the recommended for psi's from the chart supplied by Cannondale and they appear way to firm a ride. I weigh about 190-200lbs (90-92kg)
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Do you have a sag indicator fitted like the one in the picture below?

Guessing for your weight, i would start by try setting your Positive pressure at about 320psi and your Negative at about 270 psi.

If you have a sag indicator fitted you just want to indicator on the frame to line up with the Sag line on the fitted indicator.

Remember that when you are un-screwing the pump due to the high pressures you can have a bit of air leakage, especially on the positive chamber, so you may have to compensate for this by adding a bit more pressure.

LA CHÈVRE
    Quote Originally Posted by chick0 View Post
    Remember that when you are un-screwing the pump due to the high pressures you can have a bit of air leakage, especially on the positive chamber, so you may have to compensate for this by adding a bit more pressure.
    Not with a good pump. Normally, the valve is shut before the pump's seal gets off, the air you hear coming out when un-screwing a pump (shock pump, tire pump) is the pressurized air that is inside the pump getting out, not from the shock. So if you always overpump by 5 PSI, you are riding with that additional 5 PSI. More air escaped when unscrewing the positive chamber because it has more pressure, so the inside of the pump has more air to release...

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gerous View Post
    Not with a good pump. Normally, the valve is shut before the pump's seal gets off, the air you hear coming out when un-screwing a pump (shock pump, tire pump) is the pressurized air that is inside the pump getting out, not from the shock. So if you always overpump by 5 PSI, you are riding with that additional 5 PSI. More air escaped when unscrewing the positive chamber because it has more pressure, so the inside of the pump has more air to release...

I have no real idea if the Cannondale pump that's sold and comes with the bike for the DYAD is good or not, all i know is that air escapes from the the shock when i take it off, i know this for certain cause i have a digital pressure gauge used in professional engineering (aero, auto etc).

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Cheers both the sag indicator and the suggested range worked fine. It seems Cannondale/Fox have come up with settings about 2-3 weight levels too high. Well for me anyway.

Cheers