mtbr member
    Dec 2003

Jekyll Rear Suspension

I have a 01 Jekyll 2000 and the trunnion that the shock threads through is moving in the frame. Just so everyone is clear...when you remove the shock from the bike the trunnion is the threaded collar the shock screws in to. It's what allows the "attitude adjustable" feature to work on this bike. Anyway, with the shock removed, it will slide between the aluminum spars on the frame and, when the shock is on the bike and everythings tight, it rattles in the frame spars. When you pick up and drop the rear end of the bike it rattles like all hell. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Can it be fixed? Your feed back is appreciated.

Maniac

Are you talking to me?

The trunion can be replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by Maniac
    I have a 01 Jekyll 2000 and the trunnion that the shock threads through is moving in the frame. Just so everyone is clear...when you remove the shock from the bike the trunnion is the threaded collar the shock screws in to. It's what allows the "attitude adjustable" feature to work on this bike. Anyway, with the shock removed, it will slide between the aluminum spars on the frame and, when the shock is on the bike and everythings tight, it rattles in the frame spars. When you pick up and drop the rear end of the bike it rattles like all hell. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Can it be fixed? Your feed back is appreciated.

Maniac
    keep in mind it is supposed to float slightly to prevent the shock from taking hard side loads. Be sure to check the shock eyelet bushing, as that is a high wear area. This may be helping with the "rattling" when everything is tight. Good Luck.
    gfy

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Wow, I didn't know it could be replaced.....but it's nice to know that it can be. I did replace the shock eyelet bushing and that was how I isolated the rattle to the trunnion. Cannondale did say that the trunnion should move from side to side to help prevent side loading, but the rear end should be tight. Guess I'll see what the C-dale dealer says....

Maniac

Are you talking to me?

The trunion comes apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Maniac
    Wow, I didn't know it could be replaced.....but it's nice to know that it can be. I did replace the shock eyelet bushing and that was how I isolated the rattle to the trunnion. Cannondale did say that the trunnion should move from side to side to help prevent side loading, but the rear end should be tight. Guess I'll see what the C-dale dealer says....

Maniac
    The trunion can be taken apart, but if I remember right, it is TOUGH to do. the two posts on either end are what? 4mm allen? one of those posts is removeable from the trunion mount. Good Luck.
    gfy

I should be studying...
    Yep, you need new bushings and new trunion mounts- had mine replaced and it took all the slop away.

y2k 900sl

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Iceaxe,

Are there bushings pressed into the frame spars that the trunnion bolts ride on? I took apart my trunnion today and it looks like there are bushings pressed into the frame. Also, the 5mm bolts that hold the trunnion in had some serious wear. I called my LBS and the owner couldn't answer my question about the bushings.....Thanks!