mtbr member
    Jul 2005

Jekyll Privot tech Help

Hello all ,

I need to tighen the privot on my jekyll , but it has to do it from both side , othewise , it keeps spinning .. now on one side , the privot is directly behind the crank and chain rings with may be 1/2 inch of gap space , I want to know if anyone here know any trick on how to slip a hex key in the drive side privot hole without taking off the the crank ?

I try to cut short a hex key hoping that will work , but those suckers are so tough , so no luck there. Could anyone show me a better way ? or tips on how to cut a tempered steel hex key ??

LA CHÈVRE
    It would be much easier to take the crank off...

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    If you really want to shorten the hex key, you have to grind it. Use lots of water to keep the metal cool. If you overheat the key, you will lose the temper in the metal. Good Luck!

mtbr member
    I put a hole in the big ring with a good drill bit just a bit bigger than the 7mm wrench I needed.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Thank you all for your rplies.. especially reply from Terrible's terrible idea

I guess off with the crank is the only way to go!

LA CHÈVRE
    Maybe you can do it if you only take off the chainrings if your toolbox is more limited? That also depends of the crankset, some allow to take off the two biggest rings without having to take the crank off, some don't...

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :