Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Jekyll pivot/linkage bearing replacement.

21K views 35 replies 11 participants last post by  ben.marshall 
#1 ·
Has anyone replaced any off the pivot or linkage bearings on there gen 2 Jekyll's yet ?

I pulled apart the shock pivot section on mine tonight to clean it up and re-grease and have discovered a couple of rough bearings in the front downtube pivot.

I had a look in the manual to see what's needed to go about replacing them, but apart from saying to use the KP169 pivot tools, there is little else instruction. Does an instrution guide for replacing them come with the KP169 tools?

Does anyone know if the bearings on the Jekyll are loctite'd in or just pressed?

Thanks..

#28 ·
Hi

The spacers I'm meaning are on p11, marked item 4. I also found that the thread was stripped off the pivot bolt (item 5) so am trying to source one of them. Any thoughts on that? I found a full-on pivot set I can get, but at $75 when I just need the bolt seems a bit steep ....

#34 ·
Hi folks!

I'm doing a complete pivot service for the first time and replacing all the bearings. Going well so far but I have an issue with the dropout bolts. I have unscrewed them to the point where they are just spinning in the frame, out side of the thread. However I can't seem to wiggle them completely out. Is it just a case of pulling them out hard? Or is there some other tirck to it?

Cheers,
Ben

#35 ·
I had the same problem. This is one of those times when all you need is a bigger hammer. Stick your Allen wrench in the and push/punch it out with some force. Just make 100% sure the threads are not still engaged. For me it seemed to be the plastic bearing shields that catch the threads. You will probably have the same problem when trying to put the bolts back in with lining up the shields and bolt whole mating dropouts to seat stays. Good luck!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.