mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Jekyll frame warranty

I found a small crack in the rear swingarm of my 2003 Jekyll 1000 (near the shock mount)in the weekend and have dropped it off at the LBS to see what Cannondale say about replacing it. I see a couple of months back someone had a similar problem and they just replaced the swingarm... but that was a couple of months ago and the Jekyll seems to be becoming a rare beast at the LBS.

What are my chances of getting a Prophet? I'm concerned now that the Jekyll isn't strong enough for my riding style.

d

mtbr member

Jeckyl still made

They were making the Jeckyl as a base suspension bike as an 05 model so I'm sure they will want to replace the cracked component. The best chance of getting a Prophet would be to ask the shop in advance to ask the rep what it would take to upgrade to a Prophet; it may cost you some but it would likely be worth it. Some of the reps are very cool and the warranty changes a little from rep to rep as it is at there discression.

Are you talking to me?

Are you willing to pay?

If so, there is a Warranty trade up program.

It will cost you some $, however.

Cannondale will provide what is needed to get you back on the trail. If they do not have a swingarm for you, they will provide a Prophet frame, I am sure. (Provided you are the original owner.)
    gfy

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Great

Thanks for the help guys, I get with the shop and see what the upgrade cost would be... and hope that the rep is in a good mood.

d

Members who have read this thread: 0