\|/ What 60 looks like

Jekyll Fox Float Pro Pedal-HELP!

Okay, I did a search and no joy.

I got this Cannondale Jekyll 400 a couple of months ago and like it a lot but then my previous bike was a first generation Super V (the one with the carbon fiber swing arm) to which was added a Super Fatty M fork. I just got the Jekyll back from the LBS where it got it’s 30 day checkup and in order to see if they fixed (unbent) the rear derailleur I went riding on the nearby paved bike trail with the youngest son and Mrs. GaryS. This was the first time I have done a long pavement ride (previous single track is how the rear derailleur got bent- I'm an old man and I crash occasionally) and while pedaling away I noticed that I was bobbing up and down a lot. I pulled in behind my fifteen-year-old on the Super V and even when he was trying to leave ol’ dad in the dust, the Super V didn’t seem to be bobbing at all. Now this Jekyll has the Fox Float with “Pro Pedal” which I thought was supposed to eliminate this boinga, boinga, boinga. Could it be I’ve got too much air pressure in the thing (220lbs and I weigh 200)? The instructions are rather vague. I do have the almost ˝ inch of sag but should I have more? Man, this is almost as disconcerting as trying to set up a wireless network in my house (don’t ask).

Oh, when I ride it off a curb the Manitou Axel fork soaks up the bounce like it wasn’t even there but the rear goes “boinga, boinga, boinga”. ARRRRGH!

Tinker Tailor

try this...

My Fox pro pedal as well. I have noticed some bob during out of seat mashing uphill or sprinting. I have also eliminated 95% of it with the wheel adjuster and weight to psi match. I started with the wheel adjusted in the middle, about 12 clicks and added the same psi as my weight 180lbs. I have my sag set about .55 in. When you are mashing look down and see if you are bobbing if you are, use the wheel adjuster and turn 5 clicks at a time and try this till you dial in your "happy zone" (due to a lack of official terms). The boinga boinga you are talking about is the fast rebound,dampen it a little and see if that helps. It really does work,we have to play with it a little and find our own zones. Good luck.