mtbr member
    Jun 2009

Jekyll Carbon MX

Anyway since Cannondale didn't build the Jekyll that I wanted I decided to build my own starting from a Jekyll Carbon 2 platform. I got rid of the Fox 32 talas R and substituted a Float 36 RC2 with a 1.5 straight steerer, of course i had change out my front wheel and change the Sunringle Black Flag to a Mavic Deetrack in order to accomodate the 20mm axle.

The next change was the braking system I went from Elixir 7's ( which weren't bad) to the Shimano Saints which an a different league altogether. I went with a 203mm icetech front rotor and 180mm icetech rear rotor.

I also changed out the drive train as well and switched out my spider from a 38/24 to a 33/22. Of course I had to add a dropper seatpost.

After taking the bike for a short ride around Mt Sac I had to test it out at Cook's Corner this Saturday. Of course with the high speed compression and rebound on the Float 36 RC2 the bike was an absolute monster on the descents but what really surprised me was how the well the Jekyll platform was able to perform on climbs,even with the big Float 36 fork. However the lower 22/32 gearing probably helped as well.

Another surprise was the dropper seatpost. Not only was it great for the descents but whenever I got off the bike it was so easy to get back on by dropping the seatpost and raising it afterwards.

I'm really surprised at how versatile the Jekyll is I thought my Anthem X 29er was a versatile bike but the Jekyll with a few key feature changes has proven itself to be quite a bike. The Jekyll Carbon MX is one the best bikes that Cannondale never built.

Jekyll Carbon MX-dscn2942.jpg

Jekyll Carbon MX-dscn2931.jpgJekyll Carbon MX-dscn2932.jpg
    Last edited by mefistofeles; 03-04-2013 at 02:49 AM.

Ridin' dirty!
    Please do not tell me that there's a cateye in the rearwheel..... ;-) Nice built.
    "Common sense isn't always that common!"
    Custom Prophet and Custom "Leftified" Delta V