mtbr member
    Oct 2010

Jekyll Carbon 2 Wheels

Trying to go tubeless but not having any luck, LBS contacted wheel manufacture and they suggested applying new tape but that didn't work either! They are leaking air from around the spokes. Have any other Jekyll 2 owners tried going tubeless?

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcat 380 View Post
    Trying to go tubeless but not having any luck, LBS contacted wheel manufacture and they suggested applying new tape but that didn't work either! They are leaking air from around the spokes. Have any other Jekyll 2 owners tried going tubeless?
    Are you using any sealant? That may take care of it. I run tubeless on my other bikes but my Jekyll 2 carbon is still on order...
    Last edited by Mike.rider; 06-13-2011 at 03:46 PM.
    Transition Bikes 2008

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    They did add sealant the first time but when they retaped them he didnt add the sealant. He has a contact at Sun Ringle he is working with who advised him to retape them so I guess we will wait to see what they say to do next.

What size Carbon 2 did you order and when did you order it? I waited 7 months for my XL but it was worth the wait.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcat 380 View Post
    They did add sealant the first time but when they retaped them he didnt add the sealant. He has a contact at Sun Ringle he is working with who advised him to retape them so I guess we will wait to see what they say to do next.

What size Carbon 2 did you order and when did you order it? I waited 7 months for my XL but it was worth the wait.
    I'm getting a Med, been told it should ship this week but not sure I believe that. Excited to get the bike and I have a stack of parts waiting for it when it gets here!
    Transition Bikes 2008

Tool
    It may be the valve that is leaking. It took me a bit to figure this out when it happened to me because no air/sealant was coming out past the valve nut - only past the spokes. It was caused by a poorly designed tubeless valve stem and the problem was solved by forming a slice of old innertube into a washer to go between the valve and inner rim.

Good luck,
    Pete
    I can barely get my mouth around it.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike.rider View Post
    I'm getting a Med, been told it should ship this week but not sure I believe that. Excited to get the bike and I have a stack of parts waiting for it when it gets here!
    I'm waiting for aluminum jekyll since February. The LBS have not given me a delivery date yet, they just told me that I should get it for mid-June ... could you let us know if you have any news?

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by kkroto80 View Post
    I'm waiting for aluminum jekyll since February. The LBS have not given me a delivery date yet, they just told me that I should get it for mid-June ... could you let us know if you have any news?
    I plan to give them a call tomorrow afternoon and get an update, I will let ya know.
    Transition Bikes 2008

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Talked to C'dale today and my delivery date was pushed back to mid July. They also said alloy bikes should be in late July to early August but talk to your shop since you have been in line for longer it may ship sooner.

So I figure I might have my bike by xmas lol, no big deal I have other bikes to ride in the mean time.
    Transition Bikes 2008

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Talked to C'dale today and my delivery date was pushed back to mid July. They also said alloy bikes should be in late July to early August but talk to your shop since you have been in line for longer it may ship sooner.

So I figure I might have my bike by xmas lol, no big deal I have other bikes to ride in the mean time.
    Thanks man!!! I will call them today, will post if I know any news, BTW Iím looking for a handlebar to replace the one that comes with the jekyll, Iím thinking a Sunline V-ONE or a Truvativ Hussefelt what do you think??

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Thanks man!!! I will call them today, will post if I know any news, BTW Iím looking for a handlebar to replace the one that comes with the jekyll, Iím thinking a Sunline V-ONE or a Truvativ Hussefelt what do you think??
    I have an FSA gravity Light bar (25mm rise) and stem ready to swap on when the bike shows up, 60mm stem and a 710mm wide bar. I have have a V1 on my Yeti and love it, that would be my pick over the hussefelt
    Transition Bikes 2008

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    I have an FSA gravity Light bar (25mm rise) and stem ready to swap on when the bike shows up, 60mm stem and a 710mm wide bar. I have have a V1 on my Yeti and love it, that would be my pick over the hussefelt
    Thanks man!!

mtbr member
    My carbon 2 wheels sealed right up no issues, even have had the rear tire off and it beaded up with a floor pump no problem.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    I just talked to the LBS today and I was told that my order was push back to mid-July because cannondale still having problems with the deadlines, I'll just gonna see the glass half full and think ďonly one more month"

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    [QUOTE=Pedalphile;8142836]It may be the valve that is leaking. It took me a bit to figure this out when it happened to me because no air/sealant was coming out past the valve nut - only past the spokes. It was caused by a poorly designed tubeless valve stem and the problem was solved by forming a slice of old innertube into a washer to go between the valve and inner rim.

New valve stems did the trick. Now try and figure out what psi's I want to run, started off with 25 in the front and 30 in the rear. Will be installing a Bashguard and tensioner next week.