Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Jekyll Carbon 2 Wheels

2K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  Bearcat 380 
#1 ·
Trying to go tubeless but not having any luck, LBS contacted wheel manufacture and they suggested applying new tape but that didn't work either! They are leaking air from around the spokes. Have any other Jekyll 2 owners tried going tubeless?

#3 ·
They did add sealant the first time but when they retaped them he didnt add the sealant. He has a contact at Sun Ringle he is working with who advised him to retape them so I guess we will wait to see what they say to do next.

What size Carbon 2 did you order and when did you order it? I waited 7 months for my XL but it was worth the wait.

#4 ·
They did add sealant the first time but when they retaped them he didnt add the sealant. He has a contact at Sun Ringle he is working with who advised him to retape them so I guess we will wait to see what they say to do next.

What size Carbon 2 did you order and when did you order it? I waited 7 months for my XL but it was worth the wait.
I'm getting a Med, been told it should ship this week but not sure I believe that. Excited to get the bike and I have a stack of parts waiting for it when it gets here!

#5 ·
It may be the valve that is leaking. It took me a bit to figure this out when it happened to me because no air/sealant was coming out past the valve nut - only past the spokes. It was caused by a poorly designed tubeless valve stem and the problem was solved by forming a slice of old innertube into a washer to go between the valve and inner rim.

Good luck,
Pete

#14 ·
It may be the valve that is leaking. It took me a bit to figure this out when it happened to me because no air/sealant was coming out past the valve nut - only past the spokes. It was caused by a poorly designed tubeless valve stem and the problem was solved by forming a slice of old innertube into a washer to go between the valve and inner rim.

New valve stems did the trick. Now try and figure out what psi's I want to run, started off with 25 in the front and 30 in the rear. Will be installing a Bashguard and tensioner next week.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.