Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Jekyll 3 DYAD question..

2K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  chick0 
#1 ·
Okay, perhaps I'm crazy, but am I supposed to feel a marked difference between flow and elevate modes? Because other than (possibly) a tiny bit more efficiency in the latter, nothing seems to happen when I toggle the switch, though I have checked and the cable is lifting the pin on the shock. I have emptied and refilled the air chambers (in the order dictated by Fox), and this hasn't made any difference. The bike rides great, very nimble and balanced (if a bit tall in the rear feeling), but I can't help but wonder if something isn't quite right. Lastly, there is a bit (+/- 4mm) of silver showing from the shock when the bike is sitting there unmounted, so it is a tiny bit into its sag already, which I know some folks have had issues with.

Thoughts?

#2 ·
I can feel a considerable difference between Flow and Elevate modes.

When i even switch from Elevate to Flow i can even feel the the whole rear of the bike drop a cm or more..

Are you running pressures in-line with you weight (on the chart)? Or like most people, using lower pressures?

#4 ·
I'm running mine two settings lower than my weight in flow mode and one setting higher than for my weight in elevate, it made a good bike amazing, to me this is how it should be, don't know if it can damage the shock being out of balance but I've had my Jekyll for 8 months with no problems

#7 ·
My dyad had the same issue with the shock extended with no weight on it. i sent it in under warranty and wastold th:thumbsup:ere was issues with the seals not being seated internally. Fox repaired it and its been fine ever since. I could always tell a difference between flow/elevate though. adding or releasing air in elevate mode can also cause issues as well.

#15 ·
I checked my settings today and I'm running 350psi in both + & - chambers and also 4 clicks of rebound in each chamber too I weigh about 216lbs in gear and it feels better than if I run the cannondale settings, there's a bit of pedal bob in flow if I ride on the road, but elevate feels solid, and on an off-road climb the difference is quite pronounced

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.