Bike Breaker.
    Jan 2004

... and if we just ... I've ordered my Gemini :-)

Well its on its way cant wait, swapped my 04 S-works enduro for it so it better be good, hopefully it will keep up with my mates scott 03 FR

Will it make me a better rider? Will have to learn harder stuff.

Are you talking to me?

Good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by catnash
    Well its on its way cant wait, swapped my 04 S-works enduro for it so it better be good, hopefully it will keep up with my mates scott 03 FR

Will it make me a better rider? Will have to learn harder stuff.
    Keeping the Enduro was not in the cards, eh? The Gemini will be heavier, but the added travel and stiffness in the frame will inspire you to go big.(er) After getting My Gemini last year, the Jekyll was just sitting around, being bored. I sold the Jekyll to a friend, and have not regretted it for a moment. The Gemini has made me a more confident rider, flowing better, and having less fear. Enjoy, and invest in some body armor.

What model did you end up going with?
    gfy

Bike Breaker.
    Jan 2004

The 2000 model

Went for the 2000 model, the one with the through real axle as well, keeping the enduro unfortunately wasnt an option. It's been a long time since I bought a complete bike instead of the frame only route. I'm now going to be keeping with the guys with freeride bikes in the group, one with a scott octane FR 03 and a old Barracuda both the guys are 54 and 56 so with luck will have at least 20 years + on the bike. its coming Friday morning.

Are you talking to me?

Good deal.

Went for the 2000 model, the one with the through real axle as well, keeping the enduro unfortunately wasnt an option. It's been a long time since I bought a complete bike instead of the frame only route. I'm now going to be keeping with the guys with freeride bikes in the group, one with a scott octane FR 03 and a old Barracuda both the guys are 54 and 56 so with luck will have at least 20 years + on the bike. its coming Friday morning.
    Be prepaired to spend some time suspension tuning. It took me a few rides to get my 5th coil dialed in. Are you going to have to do some spring swapping, or are you of average weight?
    gfy

Bike Breaker.
    Jan 2004

Springs

I am just about 144 nekid, Ive ordered the small, in the Uk the bike's colour is raw andwith a Sherman Breakout plus and a manitou 4 way in the back. I also have a great tuner for shocks who will do a spring swap for $20 although they keep the spring. I have also downloaded the guide for both shock and fork.

Are you talking to me?

tftunedshox, right?

I am just about 144 nekid, Ive ordered the small, in the Uk the bike's colour is raw andwith a Sherman Breakout plus and a manitou 4 way in the back. I also have a great tuner for shocks who will do a spring swap for $20 although they keep the spring. I have also downloaded the guide for both shock and fork.

Is Tim Flukes the tuner you are talking about?

What the heck is a nekid? is that close to an american pound, or what? You will love the bike.
    gfy

mtbr member
    I think a nekid is slightly less than a pound since it isn't wearing clothes.

Bike Breaker.
    Jan 2004

Nekid = Naked

yes with nothing on, Yeah Tim Flooks is the guy who has just turned my Talas from mediocre to great. Will definately be using him. In he charges 20 for a spring swap, hes in America at the mo so will e:mail him.

Is the bike totally made in America?

What's the state of the company after the problems with their Moto-x company?

I really pounded my 04 S-works enduro for the last time today, I know I wont be as fast anymore uphill and downhill will be another thing altogether, that silver finish really does look superb. By the way I'm a tad over 5'5'' so the small was the one to go for.

Are you talking to me?

Oh, naked. I was thinking on that one.

yes with nothing on, Yeah Tim Flooks is the guy who has just turned my Talas from mediocre to great. Will definately be using him. In he charges 20 for a spring swap, hes in America at the mo so will e:mail him.

Is the bike totally made in America?

What's the state of the company after the problems with their Moto-x company?

I really pounded my 04 S-works enduro for the last time today, I know I wont be as fast anymore uphill and downhill will be another thing altogether, that silver finish really does look superb. By the way I'm a tad over 5'5'' so the small was the one to go for.

I have been following TF's services over the last year or so.

The frame, swingarm, and all Lefty and Headshocks are made in Bedford, Pa.
    The company is going strong now that they are no longer in the motorsports market.
    2004 bikes have a better package for less $.

Enjoy. I am off for a midnight ride by myself.
    gfy

Bike Breaker.
    Jan 2004

TF Tuned

Just e;mailed TF tuned to see if I should swap out the spring, the enduro is going tomorrow. will let you all know what the first few rides are like.