she keep you buying rats

Ivan Basso on his Moto Carbon...

...in the snow (with road pedals).

thumbsup.gif

I Love my Rize

Cool-blue Rhythm Very Kewl

I always liked Basso and now I like him even more seeing that he is a fellow Dale pilot. He looks like he's having way too much fun. He better hook up with Lance to get a few pointers on mtbing.
    Early to bed early to RIZE makes a man healthy, wealthy <(scratch that) and wize.

RIGHTY on a LEFTY

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    hm, lycra and no helmet. Maybe the drugs impared his ability to think sensibly, though i guess the use of drugs at all proves that that wasn't his strongest ability to start out with. I'm not that thrilled about seeing him on cannondale to be honest and judging from these photos perhaps it's best if he stays with the supersix or pick up a scalpel or rize.

thanks for posting the pics though

Music & Bikes
    You know that only a few get cought , right ?

Even in world class mtb'ing.....
    "There is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over" -FZ

LA CHÈVRE
    And most road pros only wear helmets when they are forced to, maybe stupid but hey... Chris Horner got arrested this week in Spain while training because he didn't have a helmet (they are mandatory in Spain) but the law states that profesionnal cyclists are exempt so after he showed his license, he continued...

I'm not gonna go into the doping thing and if Basso should be there or not but he served his time and partially confessed (something most dopers didn't, right Lance?) but he's one of the pro riders that looks to love cycling the most, he's always happy about riding...

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by fokof
    You know that only a few get cought , right ?

Even in world class mtb'ing.....
    so the mentality should be "oh, bad luck for the ones that get caught" like most italians seem to think? I quite liked him before the doping issus came about, but then i always prefer ullrich to armstrong too eh, though they prob were one the same page except one has the balls to admit it (the two latter). Oh well, lets leave it at that eh? It will be exciting to see a cannondale fighting for the victory though. Is it just me that only like liquigas because they ride cannondales?

about the helmets, is there any wonder mtb'ers think road riders are nuts? At least most mtb'ers wear a helmet. Now i just need to get a racer so i can be a roadie too and get my hands on a system six in clear and black/carbon. nicest looking cannondale road frame ever imo

besides, it's prob just a little photoshoot to show basso riding a fancy mtb to generate interest in it - so it's not like it matters that much

(when my finals are done tomorrow i will be a much happier person and not care about these things for some months to come )

LA CHÈVRE
    Quote Originally Posted by klinkekule
    so the mentality should be "oh, bad luck for the ones that get caught" like most italians seem to think? I quite liked him before the doping issus came about, but then i always prefer ullrich to armstrong too eh, though they prob were one the same page except one has the balls to admit it (the two latter). Oh well, lets leave it at that eh? It will be exciting to see a cannondale fighting for the victory though. Is it just me that only like liquigas because they ride cannondales?

about the helmets, is there any wonder mtb'ers think road riders are nuts? At least most mtb'ers wear a helmet. Now i just need to get a racer so i can be a roadie too and get my hands on a system six in clear and black/carbon. nicest looking cannondale road frame ever imo

besides, it's prob just a little photoshoot to show basso riding a fancy mtb to generate interest in it - so it's not like it matters that much

(when my finals are done tomorrow i will be a much happier person and not care about these things for some months to come )
    I think roadies are nuts because they are (most of them) sooo superficial, they have to have matching kits to the bikes, white socks only, no sleeveless jerseys and other stupid superficial rules.

My road bike has mtb pedals, I have no shame riding it with a Camelbak, sleeveless jersey, black socks... It's even more satisfying to see their snob look turn to shame and their face red when they can't keep up... Just ride your bike and try to have some fun, stop judging others and all will be better.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    The sooner 'dale drop this tainted team the better. Basso or no Basso.

As to the snipes about Armstrong where is your proof?

Innocent until proven guilty.

So shut up or put up.

LA CHÈVRE
    Quote Originally Posted by Peteimpreza
    The sooner 'dale drop this tainted team the better. Basso or no Basso.

As to the snipes about Armstrong where is your proof?

Innocent until proven guilty.

So shut up or put up.
    Please, come back to earth.

There are proofs (just some that courts decided not to take into account), some under oath witnesses and his use of doping doctor Ferrari and the zip the lip and attack on Simeoni are enough to convince me and most non-naive people, non-blind-groupies that Lance was doped as much, if not more than anyone else in the peloton at the time. I think Basso was stupid and took his fans and the medias for idiots by claiming he only 'intended' to use his boosted blood but he was suspended, turned the page and looks ahead.

But let's not make this place like the childish and fighting grounds that is forums.roadbikereview.com...