mtbr member
    Sep 2009

Issues with the aluminum rize pivot bearings ??

Does the aluminum rize have the same pivot bearings issues as the carbon frames that have been stated in other posts.I would perfer to be out on the trail and not at home wrenching on my bike.
    Last edited by AMCAT; 09-13-2010 at 05:15 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AMCAT
    Do the aluminum rize have the same pivot bearings issues as the carbon frames,I would perfer to be out on the trail and not at home wrenching on my bike.
    What issues do you refer?

But just so you know, the rear sections on all Rize and RZ models are all the same.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    I must be lucky; I have 4000-5000 kms on my Rize Carbon and all I've had to replace is the lower shock bushing.

I'm with stupid
    i have over 2000 miles on my rize and have had to replace tires all is tight...lol

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yanner
    I must be lucky; I have 4000-5000 kms on my Rize Carbon and all I've had to replace is the lower shock bushing.
    Having recently completely stripped down my Rize Carbon (for cleaning and easy maintenance purposes) after around 2500 miles of hard-trail riding in mostly wet, muddy and rough conditions. I found only 1 bearing to be a bit rough due to some water ingress corrosion and could do with being replaced. The other 7 were still as smooth as silk.

mtbr member
    sealed cartridge bearings are not totally "sealed", especially when water is introduced to them, they need a spray of penetrating lubricant from time to time to keep water from causing corrosion in there, especially if the bike has gotten wet........ that is my method of keeping cartridge bearings lasting and lasting.......