Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Included in cannondale frameset?

1K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Dan Gerous 
#1 ·
I just bought a Cannondale Rush frame after constantly breaking the stupid flexbone on my gt idrive. Not only did this happen 7mi from the car, but i am having to sit around too long waiting on a part that probably costs a dollar to make. :madman:

So... while my frame is being made. What all comes in the frameset? I have mixed XT, sram components that are going on. What all is in the box, do i get a seatpost clamp or anything extra? If not i have to start buying little things so i dont have to wait to assemble it over another five dollar part.

#4 ·
You should find out if that conversion headset converts from the headset cups down to standard size or from the headset bearings down to standard size. Obviously if it installs through the bearings, you're going to need the bearings anyway. I don't know this answer because I find it sac religious to have the ability to use a lefty and choose something else.

#7 ·
rumshcawheely said:
I don't know this answer because I find it sac religious to have the ability to use a lefty and choose something else.
I have an existing fork and i just bought a non lefty wheelset before this happened so i am pretty much screwed at this point. How much does the lefty cost, and can i borrow that amount? :D

#9 ·
yogiprophet said:
I bought a frame and it did not come with the Housing Guides and Cable Stops. Items KF086(10 PK.) and KF014(2 PK.), BUT I think my shop ripped me off.
That sucks, those plastic lock down guides are pretty much essential for the der cables. I have to go to the shop tomorrow anyway and drop off a box of all my components. Im on good terms with this shop's employees and will have them call their cannondale rep and find out if they come with it. If they dont i need to make sure my shop has them or orders them before the frame shows up. I figured a dealer was surely to have those laying around. My shop would probably give them to me after buying the whole frame, i mean dont try and keep customers happy or anything geez. Your shop almost sounds shady.

#10 ·
yogiprophet said:
That is a 31.8mm (1-1/4") front derailleur.
I bought a frame and it did not come with the Housing Guides and Cable Stops. Items KF086(10 PK.) and KF014(2 PK.), BUT I think my shop ripped me off.
Your shop ripped you, I got a Rush frame last year and it came with cable guides, housing guides, QR seatpost clamp & headset cups. The fork came with the headset bearings as stated in another post.

#11 ·
head tube

HI
i am trying to build my own frame compatible iwth a lefty.
but, i cannot find any information

i know that the head tube diameter is 1.5" not sure if that is inside diameter or outside.
also, i notice teh bearings are inset in the tube.

where can i find info on how to make sure i get the right tube and build it to fit a lefty.

got this too:

* Cannondale Headshok. Although a Headshok steerer is very close to 1.5" it is actually 1.5625". The Headtube dimensions for 1.5" and Headshok are very similar, differing only in the minimum press depth.

#12 ·
meisai said:
HI
i am trying to build my own frame compatible iwth a lefty.
but, i cannot find any information

i know that the head tube diameter is 1.5" not sure if that is inside diameter or outside.
also, i notice teh bearings are inset in the tube.

where can i find info on how to make sure i get the right tube and build it to fit a lefty.

got this too:

* Cannondale Headshok. Although a Headshok steerer is very close to 1.5" it is actually 1.5625". The Headtube dimensions for 1.5" and Headshok are very similar, differing only in the minimum press depth.
1.5", 1.125", the Lefty's 1.5625"... these are the outside diameters of the steerer tubes, not the headtube of the frames. While a OnePointFive compatible frame works with a Lefty too, the two have different steerer tube diameters. The key is in the headset, both a Lefty/Headshok headset and a OnePointFive headset fit in the same frame but the corresponding headset used make the slightly bigger Lefty steerer fit in the same frame as a 1.5" fork with a OnePointFive headset.

I think the headtube's internal diameter where the headset cups fit is 50mm and I'm not sure about the depth... To have the exact measures (bacause making a frame yourself should require more research and knowledge than by just asking here), you might want to use the standard technical data from the OnePointFive standard (you'll be able to use both standards: Lefty/Headshok or OnePointFive forks) and make sure the headtube (from the outside) is about 4.5" tall (again, that's not a precise official measure so do proper research) so when you add the SI headset cups, it all fits between the Lefty's top and bottom clamps...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.