mtbr member
    Aug 2012

Identify This Rush

Just bought this. Guy said he only rode it a handful of times and kept it in the garage. Looks new! But I think it's 06 or 07 if I had to guess..

Identify This Rush-img_20130316_155923.jpg

Identify This Rush-img_20130316_155932.jpg

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Vintage Cannondale - Information and Catalogs for Cannondales. Go there and put the serial number in. It will tell you what year it is and the model too I think.

The serial # can be found stamped under the bottom bracket.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I have the same exact Rush that I bought new. I am pretty sure its a Rush 600 and 2006 model year. Excellent bike and still very competitive with current bikes.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DOUGD View Post
    I have the same exact Rush that I bought new. I am pretty sure its a Rush 600 and 2006 model year. Excellent bike and still very competitive with current bikes.
    I concur with DOUGD. I'm pretty certain that bike is a 2006 Rush 600. Great bike, enjoy!
    '13 Pugsley Necromancer
    '13 Bad Boy 5
    '09 F29 2
    '08 Rush SL 5Z (650b)
    '00 F2000SL

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    It looks like an 06 rush 600, but it's not...the 600 had dual control levers and the post was an FSA something or other that was all black. Either the PO changed the components (not a bad thing) or it's a different year.

I own an 06 600, in red.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Energetik View Post
    Vintage Cannondale - Information and Catalogs for Cannondales. Go there and put the serial number in. It will tell you what year it is and the model too I think.

The serial # can be found stamped under the bottom bracket.
    Thanks for this! Using the site I figured out it is a 2006 model, but not the exact model. I just emailed customer service with the serial number to see if they can let me know.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Previous owner didn't change anything but he said the bike was "custom built just for him" at the local bike shop. So maybe they made some mods..

Rode the bike Sunday and absolutely loved it.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Not to hijack your thread, but I can't tell from the pic if they replaced/upgraded the rear shock. In a little bit of a dilemma on which one to go with and sometimes if components have been changed it is helpful to see what they did.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by YARD-SALE-TOAST View Post
    Not to hijack your thread, but I can't tell from the pic if they replaced/upgraded the rear shock. In a little bit of a dilemma on which one to go with and sometimes if components have been changed it is helpful to see what they did.
    Identify This Rush-img_20130320_130816.jpg

Not sure if the shock was replaced or upgraded. seems basic. It says Fox Float on it. and a little serial number barcode with the number 369 on it.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Mine is the same. Going to replace it. my lefty is giving me fits and don't know what to do about it. Couple of scratches on the shaft, (P.O.) and it loosed oil slowly. I just really like the frame and geometry.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    hit enter too soon. I like the frame and geometry but am entertaining replacing it with a regular fork for now if I cant come up with a solution. One thing is for sure, when mechanically correct, the lefty design is a great design, and I think that anyone ready to argue the contrary could be a bit "special".

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jbwhip View Post
    Previous owner didn't change anything but he said the bike was "custom built just for him" at the local bike shop. So maybe they made some mods..

Rode the bike Sunday and absolutely loved it.
    Cool, just making a suggestion. It's not a bad thing, necessarily, as the bb7s are better brakes than the "dual control" shifters/levers that came stock.

Looks to be a float R. I swapped mine for an RP23 boost valve, and had it custom tuned by Vorsprung in Canadia. It's been great so far, and corrects the Rush's falling rate by quite a bit. I don't know how much use out of the P23 side I'll get, but it's nice to firm it up a bit for climbing and take it off for DHing. There's no lockout, which kind of sucks.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    hit enter too soon. I like the frame and geometry but am entertaining replacing it with a regular fork for now if I cant come up with a solution. One thing is for sure, when mechanically correct, the lefty design is a great design, and I think that anyone ready to argue the contrary could be a bit "special".
    Hey you may want to consider sending it to Mendon Cyclesmith. He's the local cannondale guru and can really work wonders with these shocks. Is the square stanchion scratched? That would be kind of weird, inside of the boot. He can also upgrade you to PBR, for a bit more moolah.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Thanks for the advice, and yes inside the boot, weird I know, but I bought that way. As far as the rear, I am leaning towards the RP23 as well, but found a RPL, with lockout but it is 7.25 vs 7.5 and I don't know if that makes a problem or not.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    you MAY be able to get away with a 7.25 x 1.75 on a 26" wheeled rush, but I wouldn't risk it unless you can try first. I have 650b wheels on mine and they contacted with my original shock. I had the rp23 stroke reduced and it's no longer contacting. Not sure what happened with the original, but again, you get like half an inch or so of clearance running smaller wheels.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Customer service emailed me back today. Verdict is.... 2006 Cannondale Rush 600. Right on guys, thanks!