Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    8

    Identify This Rush

    Just bought this. Guy said he only rode it a handful of times and kept it in the garage. Looks new! But I think it's 06 or 07 if I had to guess..

    Identify This Rush-img_20130316_155923.jpg

    Identify This Rush-img_20130316_155932.jpg

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    417
    Vintage Cannondale - Information and Catalogs for Cannondales. Go there and put the serial number in. It will tell you what year it is and the model too I think.

    The serial # can be found stamped under the bottom bracket.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    37
    I have the same exact Rush that I bought new. I am pretty sure its a Rush 600 and 2006 model year. Excellent bike and still very competitive with current bikes.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: valiant1974's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    152
    Quote Originally Posted by DOUGD View Post
    I have the same exact Rush that I bought new. I am pretty sure its a Rush 600 and 2006 model year. Excellent bike and still very competitive with current bikes.
    I concur with DOUGD. I'm pretty certain that bike is a 2006 Rush 600. Great bike, enjoy!
    '13 Pugsley Necromancer
    '13 Bad Boy 5
    '09 F29 2
    '08 Rush SL 5Z (650b)
    '00 F2000SL

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    781
    It looks like an 06 rush 600, but it's not...the 600 had dual control levers and the post was an FSA something or other that was all black. Either the PO changed the components (not a bad thing) or it's a different year.

    I own an 06 600, in red.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Energetik View Post
    Vintage Cannondale - Information and Catalogs for Cannondales. Go there and put the serial number in. It will tell you what year it is and the model too I think.

    The serial # can be found stamped under the bottom bracket.
    Thanks for this! Using the site I figured out it is a 2006 model, but not the exact model. I just emailed customer service with the serial number to see if they can let me know.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    8
    Previous owner didn't change anything but he said the bike was "custom built just for him" at the local bike shop. So maybe they made some mods..

    Rode the bike Sunday and absolutely loved it.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    5
    Not to hijack your thread, but I can't tell from the pic if they replaced/upgraded the rear shock. In a little bit of a dilemma on which one to go with and sometimes if components have been changed it is helpful to see what they did.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by YARD-SALE-TOAST View Post
    Not to hijack your thread, but I can't tell from the pic if they replaced/upgraded the rear shock. In a little bit of a dilemma on which one to go with and sometimes if components have been changed it is helpful to see what they did.
    Identify This Rush-img_20130320_130816.jpg

    Not sure if the shock was replaced or upgraded. seems basic. It says Fox Float on it. and a little serial number barcode with the number 369 on it.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    5
    Mine is the same. Going to replace it. my lefty is giving me fits and don't know what to do about it. Couple of scratches on the shaft, (P.O.) and it loosed oil slowly. I just really like the frame and geometry.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    5
    hit enter too soon. I like the frame and geometry but am entertaining replacing it with a regular fork for now if I cant come up with a solution. One thing is for sure, when mechanically correct, the lefty design is a great design, and I think that anyone ready to argue the contrary could be a bit "special".

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    781
    Quote Originally Posted by jbwhip View Post
    Previous owner didn't change anything but he said the bike was "custom built just for him" at the local bike shop. So maybe they made some mods..

    Rode the bike Sunday and absolutely loved it.
    Cool, just making a suggestion. It's not a bad thing, necessarily, as the bb7s are better brakes than the "dual control" shifters/levers that came stock.

    Quote Originally Posted by YARD-SALE-TOAST View Post
    Not to hijack your thread, but I can't tell from the pic if they replaced/upgraded the rear shock. In a little bit of a dilemma on which one to go with and sometimes if components have been changed it is helpful to see what they did.
    Looks to be a float R. I swapped mine for an RP23 boost valve, and had it custom tuned by Vorsprung in Canadia. It's been great so far, and corrects the Rush's falling rate by quite a bit. I don't know how much use out of the P23 side I'll get, but it's nice to firm it up a bit for climbing and take it off for DHing. There's no lockout, which kind of sucks.

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    781
    Quote Originally Posted by YARD-SALE-TOAST View Post
    hit enter too soon. I like the frame and geometry but am entertaining replacing it with a regular fork for now if I cant come up with a solution. One thing is for sure, when mechanically correct, the lefty design is a great design, and I think that anyone ready to argue the contrary could be a bit "special".
    Hey you may want to consider sending it to Mendon Cyclesmith. He's the local cannondale guru and can really work wonders with these shocks. Is the square stanchion scratched? That would be kind of weird, inside of the boot. He can also upgrade you to PBR, for a bit more moolah.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    5
    Thanks for the advice, and yes inside the boot, weird I know, but I bought that way. As far as the rear, I am leaning towards the RP23 as well, but found a RPL, with lockout but it is 7.25 vs 7.5 and I don't know if that makes a problem or not.

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    781
    you MAY be able to get away with a 7.25 x 1.75 on a 26" wheeled rush, but I wouldn't risk it unless you can try first. I have 650b wheels on mine and they contacted with my original shock. I had the rp23 stroke reduced and it's no longer contacting. Not sure what happened with the original, but again, you get like half an inch or so of clearance running smaller wheels.

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    8
    Customer service emailed me back today. Verdict is.... 2006 Cannondale Rush 600. Right on guys, thanks!

Similar Threads

  1. RUSH conversion
    By Mud&Rox in forum 27.5 - 650b
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-12-2013, 08:20 PM
  2. Premium Rush
    By lidarman in forum Passion
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 08-28-2012, 03:20 PM
  3. Premium Rush
    By Muffinhead in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-27-2012, 07:53 PM
  4. Identify this Cannondale Rush
    By Sylar in forum Cannondale
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-11-2011, 09:41 AM
  5. Cannondale Rush
    By Hardcoreride41 in forum XC Racing and Training
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-24-2011, 12:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •