I Tried Them ALL... Moderator

I Need A MEDIUM Hardtail Frame...

I am so upset at myself- I just bought a 2006 F600 Furio hardtail, for $550........but now the bike is simply too big for me(I'm 5"7" 175lbs). Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love everything about this bike- but the size L frame has severely affected my ability to fully control this bike.

The stretched-out frame geometry is great for climbs, and is very light and nimble. But I cannot clear certain sections of trail, including obstacles. I have figured out the extra-long reach of the top tube, and 120mm stem makes the front wheel feel like it weighs a thousand pounds. I know this cannot be......because the entire bike is only 24lbs.

I am looking to buy, trade, or even both. My existing size L frame is in immaculate condition. I still have the Cannondale warranty card, too. It is the 2006 Dual-Assault rear triangle Furio frame, in raw aluminum. For all intents and purposes- I need a size M, disc-compatible hardtail frame ONLY. Below is specifically what I am hoping to replace my frame with:

1999-up F1000; F2000; F3000SL - size M, any color
    2002-up F700; F800; F900SL Optimo - size M, any color
    2002-2004 CAAD4-CAAD5 F600 - size M, any color
    2004-2006 Furio/F600 - size M, any color
    2007-2008 Caffeine/F3 - size M, any color

Currently, eBay has nothing available. Any suggestions, and/or help is greatly appreciated. I am in Southern CA.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Zachariah; 01-15-2008 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Spelling

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Why not switch out that monstrous stem for a 50mm? You can get a cheap-o one and see how that works out for you. It will make a world of difference in the feeling of your ride.

mtbr member
    Zachariah, Good luck finding your Frame. I think you would definately benifit from a Medium size frame. I'm 5' 9" 150lbs, and feel right at home on my Medium '06 F600. I hope you find it dude! Good Luck!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Method of Rhythm
    Why not switch out that monstrous stem for a 50mm? You can get a cheap-o one and see how that works out for you. It will make a world of difference in the feeling of your ride.
    are you kidding? a shorter stem will help but the bike is way to big for a person 5'7''. I cant even ride a L and I am 5'10''. you need a M, good luck finding one.

Do you think Cannondale and/or my LBS can take my size L frame in trade? I just got a new, 90mm non-CODA XC3 stem today. The front wheel got a bit lighter, too. Do I have to literally "break" my frame.....in order to get it replaced?

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    I have a 2005 F2000SL Optimo frame in medium. Has some very minor scratches and scuffs, overall condition is good to very good with bright paint and finish. http://www.cannondale.com/bikes/05/c...del-5FS2S.html
    Includes newer head set bearings and seal, RD hanger and seat post clamp.
    Send me an e-mail for some pictures.
    Mike

Very Interested!

Quote Originally Posted by WindWalker
    I have a 2005 F2000SL Optimo frame in medium. Has some very minor scratches and scuffs, overall condition is good to very good with bright paint and finish. http://www.cannondale.com/bikes/05/c...del-5FS2S.html
    Includes newer head set bearings and seal, RD hanger and seat post clamp.
    Send me an e-mail for some pictures.
    How much?

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    $175 plus actual shipping.
    Mike

Consider it SOLD. Where can I see what I'm getting?

Never mind.............
    Zach...let me know if you're still interested,or if you decide to buy something else...John
    "Staring at the world from my own little Idaho..."

mtbr member
    Zachariah are you going to sell your current frame if you're getting that 2005 F2000SL Optimo frame?

Quote Originally Posted by dynamic213
    Zachariah are you going to sell your current frame if you're getting that 2005 F2000SL Optimo frame?
    YES- I'll sell the Furio frame, if I get another one.....for sure. It's(F600 Furio) just too big for me.

Large Furio Frame (2006)

Here is more shots of the frame- for those interested. Sorry for the crappy cellphone pix.....but you get the idea! Frame is 100% straight. No chips in paint/clearcoat.
    Attached Images Attached Images