I like to ride my bike.

I Love My Rush (plus pics)

It's taken a while to fully realize this, but I love my '06 Rush 1000. At first, I was a tad disappointed, but its really grown on me. Little things like changing the saddle, setback seatpost, trimming the bars, Ergon grips, getting some nice Maxxis tires on (previous owner had Specialized), etc. have made quite the differance.

I know I have to some extent harassed some people on the C' Dale forum, and I want to say thank you for always responding in a polite manner and continuing to answer the never ending questions.

After hopping on some other bikes that I used to think rode awesome, well...they just don't match the ride of the Rush. I love its (1) Light weight. I've managed to get the Large down to 27-28lbs (still aiming lower though...just a money thing ) (2) Do-it all ability. I've done short track, 2.5 hr and endurance races on it, and although at times it's not the best for some things, overall, it is great. Also have done some steep rolls for a 69 deg. HA and some light freeride (3) Pinnability on corners. (4) Simplicity and looks. (5) Component choices. Although eventually most of the parts will be changed / upgraded, for the price, it came with a great component group. (6) Lefty, still undecided on it, but the stiffness is absolutely insane - Can't be described in words. (7) Confidence inspiring ride quality and looks. (8) It fits me just right...just hope I don't grow another 6 inches this year...again.

As you're reward for reading this, here are a few shots.
    If the first 3 shots don't work, they are here http://xcslowpoke.blogspot.com/2007/...o-venture.html
    #1 (Specialized ) # 2 (me) #3 (Jekyll)

Jekyll again. Warning: No lefty.

Me

Shots courtesy of XCSlowPoke, Dave

On the way to a race:

A race...it was long...and wet...and I fell...a lot. But the bike survived.

Vermont 50

Thanks for reading.
    I like bicycles. Bicycles make me happy. Riding them makes me even happier.
    Scott Bicycles
    Maxxis Tires
    Team Blog

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    jealous about being able to fit the entire bike in the back!! i have to take both wheels off and the seat to fit in my trunk (prophet)!!