Thread: I got it!

Clydesdale Warrior

... and if we just ... I got it!

I bought a 2004 Cannondale Gemini 900 (Race Replica paint) this morning!

They had a 700lb spring and a Breakout firm ride kit in stock...so I brought it home ready to ride. I spent all afternoon riding (didn't even notice the rain storm) Rode until my legs felt like Jell-O. I've never ridden a bike that fit and rode so well before! I looked into the 4-Way upgrade (very expensive), but decided to save the money and invest in some armor and a full face instead (still have to shop for that). IMO the Pro-Pedal Vanilla R actually rides great on this bike. Kept it in 170mm mode on the back all day, and with the "Rapid Travel" set to 130mm, and the front and back where rock solid (no visible bob at all) on hard long climbs as long as I stayed in the saddle. (the Breakout bobs like mad in 170 mode on climbs) It really is the ultimate trail bike IMO...bombs over anything...and can climb like you would never believe! (for such a big bike) On short sprints up hill (and everywhere else) I do not really notice the extra 5lbs (more than my old bike), but on very long climbs I feel the burn in my legs sooner...guess I just have to get in better shape!

Thanks to everybody on this site who helped me make my decision.

sh0rty :P

Out riding my Scalpel

Cannondale's ROCK man!

Good choice! Enjoy it and take care of it. I have a 2003 Jekyll 1000 and just love it. Prophet 2000 up next for me. Can't wait to demo that bike. Congrats again. Happy trails!

mtbr member
    congrats, but are you sure you love it, you only have mud on your legs, none on your face or even your shirt.

Bike Breaker.
    Jan 2004

well done!

Welcome to the gemini club, I did the same as you got a set of Roach Rally pads and a full face to go with mine. The smiles will be there every ride.

Are you talking to me?

Great bike.

You are going to love it more as time goes on. I am getting a kick out of my bike.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    gfy

\|/ What 60 looks like
    Wow! Damion's got one of those new Geminis with the new "Righty"!

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by GaryS; 09-20-2004 at 03:47 PM.

Are you talking to me?

And the patented "Lefty Drivetrain".

I never noticed that before.
    gfy