I just wanna go fast...

I committed blasphemy (swapped my left for lyrik)

But it rides so nice.

Unit 91
    I wanted to do that soo bad but decided to go with the Pike. I believe that might pass your axle to crown limit, but who cares that looks awesome.
    Bikes

LA CHÈVRE
    I think I'll open a Lefty shelter... to take care of unloved Lefties...

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    There is a pretty good Chance that you will break off that head tube.

They did not design nor test that frame for that setup.

I have seen a head tube break off. It is not a pretty thing.
    ..I'd rather be a headlight on a northbound train..

Killer of Chains
    Feb 2004
    buhhhmmmmm i'm pretty sure the Prophet MX came with the same sized fork.

LA CHÈVRE
    The Prophet MX has a different frame, the headtube/downtube junction has a gusset the regular Prophets don't have to deal with taller forks. Inspect the area regularly.

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

I just wanna go fast...
    Axle to crown on the 140 mm lefty that came with the bike is ~20 inches. Axle to crown on the lyric dialed down to 140 mm is 21 inches. The lefty is also a dual crown, which i was always led to believe put more stress on the head tube and less stress on the steer tube and is also billed as being one of the least flexy forks you can get (which I thought also translated into more stress on the head tube. All of that combined with the fact that the prophet now has e.thirteen 1.5 to standard headset reducers and the bike should hold up fine. Anyone know where I can find the warrenty info from Cannondale that lists the max axle to crown length?

Like catnip for people
    Quote Originally Posted by bdamschen
    Axle to crown on the 140 mm lefty that came with the bike is ~20 inches. Axle to crown on the lyric dialed down to 140 mm is 21 inches. The lefty is also a dual crown, which i was always led to believe put more stress on the head tube and less stress on the steer tube and is also billed as being one of the least flexy forks you can get (which I thought also translated into more stress on the head tube. All of that combined with the fact that the prophet now has e.thirteen 1.5 to standard headset reducers and the bike should hold up fine. Anyone know where I can find the warrenty info from Cannondale that lists the max axle to crown length?
    that's a good point.

But you'll still void your warranty running above the axle to crown, though.

mtbr member
    you can find the axle to crown height info here: http://www.cannondale.com/tech_center/

if your measurement is correct at 21" your 3mm over the max. allowed for the standard prophet. Not that much too worry about.
    Last edited by bbbr; 06-09-2007 at 05:40 PM.
    Alea Jacta Est