FIRENZE rulez !!

how to visit the Cannondale factory ?

if a guy travels to USA

and if he 's close to Bedford ...

how can he has a visit to the factory ?

mtbr member
    I teach Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) at Bedford High School and when I take my students to tour the engineering department I just call the plant and set up a tour...I'm not sure if the will do this for everyone but you can give it a try....(814) 623-9073

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    i'm sure they would roll out the red carpet for you eliflap, especially with the amount of $$$ you send their way!

Can't stop the Prophet
    Yeah man just tell them to ask here at the forum, we'll vouch for you!!!

mtbr member
    Cool place to tour, went a few summers ago.

FIRENZE rulez !!
    Quote Originally Posted by parkincake
    i'm sure they would roll out the red carpet for you eliflap, especially with the amount of $$$ you send their way!

yeah ...a gold carpet for all money spent

the letter D of Dorel must be mine

but...i'm nopt that guy travelling .... it's a shame

i spent all money in Flash ...how can i buy a flight ticket ??????

FIRENZE rulez !!
    Quote Originally Posted by pauleyd
    I teach Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) at Bedford High School and when I take my students to tour the engineering department I just call the plant and set up a tour...I'm not sure if the will do this for everyone but you can give it a try....(814) 623-9073

sent number to him

many many thanks

mtbr member

cannondale

Please take me with you eliflap if you go there ...perhaps the last chance to visit the factory .im wrong ?

FIRENZE rulez !!
    so my friend called few minutes ago.

" we no longer do tours to the factory since we have moved the production to Asia "

was the reply .........

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    omg, hahahaha

Ridin' dirty!
    Quote Originally Posted by eliflap
    so my friend called few minutes ago.

" we no longer do tours to the factory since we have moved the production to Asia "

was the reply .........
    If true so then how can they still sell bikes that say "Handmade in USA" then I wonder....
    Probably just a decal put on in Asia...ha,hah,hah, haaaah....
    "Common sense isn't always that common!"
    Custom Prophet and Custom "Leftified" Delta V

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by cdalemaniac
    If true so then how can they still sell bikes that say "Handmade in USA" then I wonder....
    Probably just a decal put on in Asia...ha,hah,hah, haaaah....
    I don't think they put the 'handmade in USA" stickers on their newest bikes do they?
    Most if not all of the production is in China. I think maybe just the CAAD 9 is made in the USA?

Anyway, that still sucks that you can't visit the factory. Even though I am building a sweet light weight Cannondale, they lost a bit of love from me when they moved overseas.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    my new F3 has on it:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails how to visit the Cannondale factory ?-dsc00826_-1024_x_768-.jpg  

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. IROC-Z
    I don't think they put the 'handmade in USA" stickers on their newest bikes do they?
    Most if not all of the production is in China. I think maybe just the CAAD 9 is made in the USA?

Anyway, that still sucks that you can't visit the factory. Even though I am building a sweet light weight Cannondale, they lost a bit of love from me when they moved overseas.
    Production at Bedford ceases in August 2010.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Tours can still be had if you go through the correct channels.

Eli, PM me for details.

I Void Waranties
    correct me if im wrong but to have the made in USA sticker I think you only need to assemble the bike locally or something like that. I think the paint will have to be applied locally as well, but im sure they have their ways around it. Sadly few things are what they appear to be these days.

quick google came up with this
    http://www.ftc.gov/opp/jointvent/mad...tp/usa/086.txt
    The 1st production mountain bike was sold in 1984.
    Anti EBB

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I know, it's an old rant, but what a moronic blunder it was to move the frame mfg to Asia.

As far as the tour...I suspect there's still activity there, but, my guess is that they don't want people visiting the facility to witness what a big, empty, undercapitalized, and depressing place they've let it become.
    whatever...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Punkeyboozter
    correct me if im wrong but to have the made in USA sticker I think you only need to assemble the bike locally or something like that. I think the paint will have to be applied locally as well, but im sure they have their ways around it. Sadly few things are what they appear to be these days.

quick google came up with this
    http://www.ftc.gov/opp/jointvent/mad...tp/usa/086.txt
    I would say that is true, but I'm almost positive that the F3 is still actually welded/painted in the Bedford facility which says otherwise.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by steadite
    I know, it's an old rant, but what a moronic blunder it was to move the frame mfg to Asia.

As far as the tour...I suspect there's still activity there, but, my guess is that they don't want people visiting the facility to witness what a big, empty, undercapitalized, and depressing place they've let it become.
    They were building frames in Asia before Dorel and the current management took over, and most people probably didn't realize it.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Cannondale's being made in Asia in my opinion is equivalent to a Harley Davidsons being made there. Would Harley Davidson owners buy a Harley if it wasnt made in the US?
    Enough said.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by adkbiker1
    Cannondale's being made in Asia in my opinion is equivalent to a Harley Davidsons being made there. Would Harley Davidson owners buy a Harley if it wasnt made in the US?
    Enough said.
    We have already been over this, please don't re-ignite that fire. The last thread was locked because off color comments that are no good for anyone.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    it may become a museum. it'd have a pretty good gift shop.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by adkbiker1
    Enough said.
    Your entitled to your opinion even if it is misguided. Harley Davidson include ,as Cannondale do, a significant amount of foreign ,ie Japanese and German hardware.

That's the end of it for me.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I am not saying the bikes will be of lower quality. For those who have exclusively purchased Cdales like myself since the early 90's its just the mist eek behind them being made in the USA like a Harley. American Pride you can call it.

But I agree it is time to put this topic to rest. It is a tired.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Back in the 90's when they were publicly traded, I called requesting a site visit and tour. At that time I was informed they don't do tours because they are a publicly traded company. Didn't make much sense since I've been on tours through plenty of publicly traded companies. I pass by Bedford on a fairly regular occasion and wish I could see at least what is left of the place. They still make Leftys along with all their prototype and testing there.

In any case, I purchased what I believe to be my last Cannondale last fall, a Rize carbon 2. A Carbon 1 would have been nice but I wanted the more versatile Fox RLC and sensitive coil sprung lefty. "Handmade In The USA is a strongly desired aspect of any frame I ride. It was at the heart of Cannondales logo and company values. Time will tell if US made is actually worth anything. It is to me.