I'm Riding It
    Apr 2005

How much would you guys pay for this?

Just trying to figure out how much this bike is really worth..

2006 Rush 1000, all stock. Bought in 2007 brand new from a bike shop. Professionally maintained.

I'm might be in the market for a new bike, but it all depends on if my ride is worth anything...
    Those new Scalpels sure look nice though..
    www.bikeride.ca
    Alberta born-n-raised mountain bike racer.

rust never sleeps
    Bike lose value pretty fast, especially since technology renders them obsolete right quick.

In general...maybe 60-70% of the price when new?
    Adjust based on crash damage, or upgrades.
    I love you to death, but get on the bus or throw yourself under it.

...a peaceful man stands tall...

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I always check eBay for what the going price is... If you aren't going to ship and are selling locally, you can try to get a little more since they can come check out the bike and confirm the condition personally. good luck!

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by oilerfan30

2006 Rush 1000, all stock. Bought in 2007 brand new from a bike shop. Professionally maintained.

So you got a discount cos you bought a "year old" bike right? How much did you get for a year. I think you can double that at least.

I'm Riding It
    Apr 2005
    I'm not sure I understand what you're asking.
    The bike had a retail of 3200 at the time, but was marked down to 2400 when I bought it.

I just saw one go on ebay for 1000 frame size small (exact same spec, year, etc, but ridden a year more than mine). I little discouraging, but I don't know what I was expecting to get for it either..
    Think 1500 is to high? I'm really eyeing up some new Scalpels, although it looks like I'll be waiting until after this racing season to start seriously considering selling the rush.
    www.bikeride.ca
    Alberta born-n-raised mountain bike racer.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    You can always list it for what you want to get and see if somebody bites. No real harm in trying and maybe you have exactly what somebody is looking for...

mtbr member
    Im no bike sales expert, but having sold probably 10 bikes and assorted framsets on ebay (every few years I upgrade my bikes), IMHO you will likely make more money parting the bike out (depending on the rarity of the bike of course). I usually have my local shop disassemble everything with care. Then I clean each part, shoot high quality images and put them into boxes (usually the saved actual factory packaging if I did the upgrade or if the shop has them lying around). It also helps to have 300+ transactions with 100% positive feedback (so if you have very little feedback have a buddy list it who has a lot). If you took good care of the items, have great images, and are an honest seller you should see very little depreciation! Also, saving or getting ahold of original packaging boosts your return by at least 10%.

I hope that helps ya
    PrOxY

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    The bike had a retail of 3200 at the time, but was marked down to 2400 when I bought it.
    All I was saying is the bike lost $800 sitting the shop for a year and I would expect it to lose the same again whilst you rode it for a year. Just another way of looking at it. I think small bikes tend to make less on Ebay so if you've got a M or L you shouldn't be too disheartened.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

I just saw one go on ebay for 1000 frame size small (exact same spec, year, etc, but ridden a year more than mine). I little discouraging, but I don't know what I was expecting to get for it either..
    Think 1500 is to high? I'm really eyeing up some new Scalpels, although it looks like I'll be waiting until after this racing season to start seriously considering selling the rush.
    I know the Rush 1000 retailed for about $2500 American in 2006.

http://www.barrbike.com/2006_cannondale_prices.htm

RUSH TEAM REPLICA REP $5,499.99
    RUSH 3000 BLU, BTC $4,999.99
    RUSH 2000 BRN, GZD $3,499.99
    RUSH 1000 GRY, REP $2,599.99
    RUSH 800 RED, WHT $1,999.99
    RUSH 600 BBQ, ORG $1,599.99
    RUSH 400 GRN, RAW $1,299.99