mtbr member
    May 2008

How much is a Cannondale Super v500 worth now?

Hey everyone,

I started riding mountain bikes on trails with my boss last summer and like it alot and am considering to buy a bike of my own.. Someone I know has a Cannondale Super v500 with full suspension for sale and I'm not sure what year it is. Ive done some research on the internet and understand that this is an older bike but I can really find the going rate for it.. So I'm wondering if anyone could tell me what would be a fair offer I could put on a table for this guy? I heard his asking price is around $500...

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    What year, what front fork and what kind of condition is it in?

mtbr member
    "Ive done some research on the internet and understand that this is an older bike but I can really find the going rate for it.."

Did you check Completed Listings in ebay? Search for Cannondale Super V, select Completed Listings and you'll find several similar (but not exact) bikes. Don't forget to factor in shipping (or lack there of) into the equation.

For example:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Cannondale-Super...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Cannondale-Super...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pristine-Cannond...QQcmdZViewItem
    '05 Prophet 1000
    '09 F3
    '93 Delta V 700
    '08 F6 Lefty (son's)
    '08 F6 (daughter's)

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Ok, I'll play:
    I have had several Super Vs, starting with a 1997 model, to my current ride, a 2002 (the last year) Considering condition, an older Super V (1997-2000) can be had for as little as $150, or as much as $300. The 2000-2002 models usually stay between $300 and $500. Find out what year it is, and check its condition. If you can post pictures, that would help. -Danny

mtbr member
    i love super V's. but even a 2001 is s till an old bike. the shocks will have to be rebuilt. and if your building a uber v, you only want the front anyways. i think they are over priced. 100-200 max. maybe a little more if its a 2 or 3000... maybe.

my 2 cents....

mtbr member
    Jul 2007

What do you think about the Super V??

Strangely enough I am in the same boat, I just want the bike for when we go to NY, because the the airlines want waaay too much money to ship bikes back and forth and I go twice a year or more.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    i always liked that color scheme.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I guess the question is, would this bike be fun to ride on the trails while I am on vacation. I normally ride a Giant Anthem and I love it. I know this wont bee the same but I need to be able to ride. Is it worth $300? Should I bring a different fork? Any opinions are appreciated. Greg

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Greg,
    The bike is capable. It won't be as light as an Anthem, but it'll be a lot of fun nevertheless. I would say that bike is worth about $200-250, depending on parts.No need for another fork, if you're staying away from big drops.If you're just riding for fun or XC riding, the Headshok will work just fine. Now, if you're thinking of upgrading it later on (see the UBER V thread) and make it a big drop capable machine, the tough as nails frame can handle it, and you can even use a longer travel fork, coupled with a longer travel shock. I'm in the process of doing that with my Super V, and I'm sure it'll handle just as well as a new bike when its done.-Danny

mtbr member
    Dec 2008

Identifying Year

I have a question. I know that this is an old thread, but how can you tell what year the bike is? Here is a picture of mine.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Cannondale Snob
    It would be easier if we could see the swing-arm in profile, and the shape of the tabs.

Does the swing-arm have disc brake mounting tabs on it?
    '06 Cannondale Rush 1000 4" travel 27lbs
    '04 Cannondale F600 SOBE -STOLEN!
    '96 Cannondale Uber-V 6" travel 30lbs

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    $350. My first Cany was a V1000 seven years ago and that's what I paid then. It even had HS-33 Magura hyraulic brakes.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    I'll take another picture tonight. The swing arm does have disc mounting tabs.

I, Mudd
    Quote Originally Posted by caslim
    I have a question. I know that this is an old thread, but how can you tell what year the bike is? Here is a picture of mine.
    Check out this link to try to date your bike:

Vintage Cannondale

Jason

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    I bought my 99 Super v500 at a pawn shop for $300 about 3 months ago. One of my riding buddys has a newer one and his is great, so I bought mine. I have since added Rhyno Lite Sun rims and Avid BB5 disc brakes. I am very happy with this oldie. It has taken some spills but it keeps on going. My next upgrade will be an air shock to replace the coil.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by caslim
    From the picture, and looking through the old catalogs it looks like a 1999 Super V500 in Team Yellow gloss.

See page 15 here.

Cannondale Snob
    I should be picking up a complete, original '97 SV900 this week or next for $250. However, that's by far the cheapest price I've found for a complete bike.
    '06 Cannondale Rush 1000 4" travel 27lbs
    '04 Cannondale F600 SOBE -STOLEN!
    '96 Cannondale Uber-V 6" travel 30lbs