mtbr member
    Feb 2013

How much is a 06' Rush worth?

Hey Guys, I had this posted in the general discussion forum before I realized there was a cannondale specific area.

My question is that I have a bike that I might be able to trade something for and was wondering how much its worth. Any information you great people could give me about the bike would be great, as I don't know much (I'm a newbie to MTB).

Its a 2006 (I think?) Cannondale Rush-small frame size. Here are some of the features:

(1/2) Cannondale rush small
    Shocks. Manitou R-7 front. Manitou radium platform plus. Rear
    Crank truvativ iso flow
    Shift and deraler sram x-7
    Speed seat
    Schwin speedometer
    Rims black eye
    Hubs shimano
    Disc brakes front and back

I've got a picture that I will post as soon as my post count is high enough

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    bump. Anybody have any good info? I think it might be the first generation rush.

Just a flesh wound
    $650 to $750. That's my guess. Depends on condition of bike and amount of wear on components.
    My name is Chris and I ride a Prophet 650b with a Lefty.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Good to hear. I would have about $375 in it. I want to keep and ride it, but I'm a little worried. It's a small frame size and I'm 6'2''-6'3''.

mtbr member
    I'd say check it out in person first.
    I recently purchased a 2011 Scalpel after only having seen pictures, and got royally screwed. I ended up putting an extra $1000 into it.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatshowiroll View Post
    I'd say check it out in person first.
    I recently purchased a 2011 Scalpel after only having seen pictures, and got royally screwed. I ended up putting an extra $1000 into it.
    Yeah I'll be checking it out in person. THe trade is actually for my ps3 (which I never play) and $175. If the bike has been barely ridden (like he says it has been), I think it's a great deal.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Here's a picture since I have 10 posts now. Again any info you guys could give me about it from looking at the pic would be great!

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by zeimet50 View Post
    Good to hear. I would have about $375 in it. I want to keep and ride it, but I'm a little worried. It's a small frame size and I'm 6'2''-6'3''.
    At your height, a small frame will not be very comfortable to ride. I'm 5'8" on a medium Prophet.
    2012 Cannondale Flash Carbon 29er 3
    2009 GT Peace 9R SS
    2008 Cannondale Prophet 4, Lefty Max TPC

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by zeimet50 View Post
    It's a small frame size and I'm 6'2''-6'3''.
    For someone your size you'd be making a big mistake buying that bike.. even if you got it for free it will never feel right.. now matter how high the saddle goes or how long a stem you put on it..

You may get away with a medium but I reckon your probably more suited to a large frame..

mtbr member
    Feb 2013

forgot the size chart

Found this sizing chart. Is the horizontal top tube on a small really 22.6''? I think the trek I ride now is 21'', is that right?

Cannondale Mountain Bike Sizing

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Forget it. At your Height you need a Large. The only value in that bike to you is what you can sell it for. Hard to price it without seeing it. If its in good condition. (All suspension holding air and good seals, chain not stretched out, etc. I bet it will sell for 600 on ebay.
    Visiting St george/Hurricane? Stay at my vacation rental. Discounts for MTB's

http://www.vrbo.com/392904

PM me