mtbr member

How long does it take an 0-ring from Cannondale?

…5 weeks and counting…

Five weeks ago I reported that my brand new Lefty MAX was leaking oil at the bottom of the fork (on the first ride!). The service manager at my local shop, who's overall been great, said that it was a known problem and would need to be upgraded with a new o-ring (new design).

He said that they actually had been trying to get the replacement parts for a while now and even offer to rush the rebuild job for me when the part would arrive (that was on August 6th, 2004).

Dozens of increasingly frustrated phone calls later, 5 weeks later, still no o-ring… and I have yet to know when this 20 cents part will be delivered.

It could be just a sad isolated story if it was not for the fact that it is the latest (and last I hope!) of a string of similar incident that I have had to deal with with Cannondale over the last 4 months (6 weeks to get a replacement frame, when replacement frame arrive, no rear shock, 4 more weeks to get a new rear shock, rear shock arrives with wrong mounting parts, another 4 weeks to get parts and finally when I can get to ride the bike, the fork is pissing oil all over my front brake!)

I have been basically without a bike since May 16th…4 months… Aaaaaaaaaaaaaarg...

Tell me again why I should get a new Cannondale?

DRC

Are you talking to me?

That is horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Denis
    …5 weeks and counting…

Five weeks ago I reported that my brand new Lefty MAX was leaking oil at the bottom of the fork (on the first ride!). The service manager at my local shop, who's overall been great, said that it was a known problem and would need to be upgraded with a new o-ring (new design).

He said that they actually had been trying to get the replacement parts for a while now and even offer to rush the rebuild job for me when the part would arrive (that was on August 6th, 2004).

Dozens of increasingly frustrated phone calls later, 5 weeks later, still no o-ring… and I have yet to know when this 20 cents part will be delivered.

It could be just a sad isolated story if it was not for the fact that it is the latest (and last I hope!) of a string of similar incident that I have had to deal with with Cannondale over the last 4 months (6 weeks to get a replacement frame, when replacement frame arrive, no rear shock, 4 more weeks to get a new rear shock, rear shock arrives with wrong mounting parts, another 4 weeks to get parts and finally when I can get to ride the bike, the fork is pissing oil all over my front brake!)

I have been basically without a bike since May 16th…4 months… Aaaaaaaaaaaaaarg...

Tell me again why I should get a new Cannondale?

DRC
    I am sorry to hear about that. Are you in direct contact with Cannondale?
    gfy

mtbr member

Sent email to Cannondale generic support address today...

Quote Originally Posted by damion
    I am sorry to hear about that. Are you in direct contact with Cannondale?
    ... we'll see how long it takes them to respond and if they care at all (right now my expectations are pretty low though).

I'll ahve to give them credit, the frame was a warranty replacement, and the decision to give me a replacement frame was very quick, not to mention that they gave me a sweet price on the Lefty MAX upgrade. But still...

Are you talking to me?

forget the e-mail.

Quote Originally Posted by Denis
    ... we'll see how long it takes them to respond and if they care at all (right now my expectations are pretty low though).

I'll ahve to give them credit, the frame was a warranty replacement, and the decision to give me a replacement frame was very quick, not to mention that they gave me a sweet price on the Lefty MAX upgrade. But still...
    Call them directly with your RA# in hand. (if applicable) This is the fastest way to get things rolling. Explain how you are feeling at this point, while being professional, and they will expidite things.
    gfy

IMBA Canada
    Aug 2004
    I would tend to blame the shop on that... Depending on store size, service is often affected.

One of our mechanics broke is Gemini frame and within 1 week, everything was set and he had a new frame. Same with customer'S frame. When you're a big account, you don't have to return frame to Cannondale.

Also, most specialized Cannondale dealers should carry all parts for the headshock/lefty replacements parts. I know we have a lot of O-rings and coils, and different internal parts to fix most of the problems that could occur with the suspension.

... I know that the service with Cannondale was great this year... Everything went smooth... I'm questionning how and why it's taking so much time to solve your problem!