Kanonkuglen.dk

How I made my Lefty SL run ultra smooth!

It sounds almost like a fairytale, and I belive it is:-)!

I have had my Lefty SL (2007) fork for about 8 months now... it startet of really bad, with the fork out of the box it was running like crap, then a recall notice and Cannondale Europe checked it out, and changed the oil and seals - but still not running real smooth! Unfortunatly the Cannondale mechanics who serviced my fork, must also have been to busy doing "damage-control" on a lot of forks wich was affected by the recall notice, and didnt' take the time to do it proberly, because it was still not real running smooth - better but not real smooth:-)! And it was also noticable that there was a little bit of air trapped in the cartridge chamber, and the rebound was almost non-existing!

Well now to the point... yesterday I serviced the fork my self, did a proper oil-refill and of course getting air out of the system. But the big breaktru was when I changed the Cannondale oil specs from 2,5wt to 10wt... WOW what a big difference!
    I have never ridden a 1290 kilogram fork as smooth as this... it almost feels like a 3000 gram Fox fork! Fantastic:-)!
    So in the future I go for 10wt oil... by the way I weigh 74 kilo, and run a blue spring:-)!

http://kanonkuglen.blogspot.com/
    Last edited by lars_kanonkuglen; 10-06-2007 at 04:02 AM.
    Got the Cannondale fewer - my cycling blog: kanonkuglen.blogspot.com

Ridin' dirty!
    Wow. That's why I like do everything myself too. And if I don't know how it's done I fumble around until I get it right.
    I'm glad to hear that the 10 wt oil works for you. After all it's all personal preference and if you like your fork stiff because you're into racing and stuff that's great.
    I don't use the recommended oil spec in my fork either. Don't care what folks say 'cause I like it and they don't ride my bike (and never will ).
    I checked out your blog. Didn't understand a whole lot but pictures say more than words anyways. Especially the nice "Downhillchic" that makes me want to go to my shop and get a downhillbike now, hoping I'll met her on the trail.
    "Common sense isn't always that common!"
    Custom Prophet and Custom Delta V

Kanonkuglen.dk
    Hi Cdalemaniac...

Yep... this just proves that different oil specs works for different ridin' styles:-)! But i dont' like my fork being real racey, I really sougth to get my fork very plush, and the 10wt oil really pulled it off! Now the fork feels like a Fox fork at its best, it feels absolutely great:-)!

Anyway, glad you liked my blog... sorry about my Danish language, cant' help it:-)!
    Got the Cannondale fewer - my cycling blog: kanonkuglen.blogspot.com