mtbr member
    Apr 2008

How good do you think a Rush 29er would be?

I think it would be one of the best XC bikes ever. I would like to know some experts opinion on this taking into account that I dont know how the Rush longer wheel base and lower BB would work with bigger wheels (29er).

Thanks

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    more travel please.
    Quote Originally Posted by sickspeed16
    Your not all mountain unless your runnin' crushed dew cans..
    '12 Scalpel 29er Carbon 1
    '13 SuperSix EVO Red Racing

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    As good as a regular rush,with 29 inch wheels.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    BB heigth will go up 1.5" (29-26=3/2=1.5), wheelbase I think will be somewhat longer.

However, note that you must be able to fit a 29" wheel into the back triangle. This will not work with the newer models as they have a 'bridge' between the chainstays limiting the use to 26" only. Second, if a 29"would fit, you migth need to limit the rear travel to avoid the backwheel rubbing the seattube when the shock is compressed. I dont know if its possible to limit the travel.

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Jowan
    BB heigth will go up 1.5" (29-26=3/2=1.5), wheelbase I think will be somewhat longer.

However, note that you must be able to fit a 29" wheel into the back triangle. This will not work with the newer models as they have a 'bridge' between the chainstays limiting the use to 26" only. Second, if a 29"would fit, you migth need to limit the rear travel to avoid the backwheel rubbing the seattube when the shock is compressed. I dont know if its possible to limit the travel.
    All due respect, I'm not tearing you down, okay?

This is what's wrong with the edges of the 29er movement. It's thought that builders just bolt on a set of bigger wheels. Totally untrue.

BB height is an engineered component of the design, they don't just roll over and say, okay, BB has to be higher. They simply build the bike around the wheels, and adjust accordingly to create the BB height, standover, wheel base, tire clearance, et al, that they want to have.

It's like saying mountain bikes can't really work, because you can't fit tires that fat in a road frame. Of course you can, you build a frame to work with them

All that said, a Rush would be great in 29er format, but something along the lines of a Rize, Prophet, etc, would be fantastic too
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Crossing my fingers as well for a fs c-dale 29er in 2010. Be it a rush, rize, scalpel, whatever. I will buy one to step up from my current c-dale 29er ht.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Mendon,

I understood the question asked to relate to the change of a current 26" Rush to a 29" by only adding 29" wheels. That IMO would not work (properly).

Having Cannondale work out a specific 29" version of the Rush is offcource a totally different thing and would work out great as Cannondale then has the opportunity to tweak the geometry specific for 29" wheels.

J

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Jowan
    Mendon
    I could see how it might be read that way, gotcha. Well yeah, that would be an exceedingly dumb thing to do, agreed.

I would hope they have the sense to do a ground up bike, seems they would. Problem is, they aren't......
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

THELAND photographer

There already is one!

Quote Originally Posted by Generalcuz
    Crossing my fingers as well for a fs c-dale 29er in 2010. Be it a rush, rize, scalpel, whatever. I will buy one to step up from my current c-dale 29er ht.
    Mendon has it.(or had it).....its a beast of a frankenbike but its a cannondale FS 29er lefty and all

mtbr member
    where are the pics of mendons franken bike 29er I would like to see it. I myself would have liked a full suspension 29ner from cannondale, I went out to buy a rize, and ended up buying a niner jet 9, after riding the niner it's obivious the benefits, it just felt right instantly. If cannondale had a fully suspended 29ner I probably would have brought it. I have been a loyal cannondale guy for 11 years.... They kind of missed the boat on that one...

THELAND photographer
    took me awhile to find it again....Uber 9er, he he he.....
    there is the link

the thing looks beastly in person too...a bit intimidating

mtbr member
    That's. Cool, why do you think cannondale is sleeping on the fully suspended 29ner?

Scalpel Fan
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by CdaleProph6
    took me awhile to find it again....Uber 9er, he he he.....
    there is the link

the thing looks beastly in person too...a bit intimidating
    That is soooooo bad!