Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

How do you take the lock out off ?

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Pedro K 
#1 ·
How do you take the 'lock out' off of a Lefty fork ? I have a Scalpel 29er and never ever use the lock out and think it weighs to much anyway. So is it possible to take it off and replace it with a knob like the lock outs on the older style forks ?

#4 ·
It requires tearing the forks damper down completely, and installing a small two piece stainless unit inside the upper end of the damper shaft.

This allows a place for the PBR to bolt on.

The PBR control is around $30, the labor for the job depends on who you deal with, and the stainless pieces need to be sourced. Cannondale does not offer them (silly, I know) but find a shop that works on enough of these, and likely they will have some of the floating around from a PBR to XLR conversion they'd done previously.....

The rest of the internals are identical, this is a cheap job really, especially considering you can likely offload the XLR control to help offset costs incurred as well.

#6 ·
I have been trying to find out how difficult it would be to put a lockout on the PBR lefty. The only info I have found is that you have to modify the Damping Cartridge, I am wondering how difficult it would be, from the manuals that i have found there it looks like there is only a minor difference between the 2.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.