mtbr member
    Jun 2006

How do I fix verticle play in my Rush's suspension?

I have a 2006 Rush 600 and it has recently developed vertical play in the rear suspension. I took the suspension apart, cleaned and lubed, reassembled, but the approximate 1/16" vertical play still exists. It makes enough noise that you can hear it if I grab the swing arm and pull it up and down when the rear is unweighted.

How do I fix this problem?

bi-winning
    If you put your hand near either the end of the shock mounts, can you feel the play when you lift the rear up and down? You may simply need the busing that goes in the eyelet of the shock.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Shorthills Cycling Club

Unit 91
    Replace the DU Bushing that attaches to the swingarm. There are your inserts called bushings and then the inserts press into the DU Bushings. Replace that and you should be fine. Depending on where you ride, they can wear out fast, but are very inexpensive to replace.
    Bikes

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    I had this problem with my Prophet. As it turned out, my pivot bolt was loose. I had to reset it with lock-tite on the threads and never had the problem again.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    my money is on the Du bushing. there is a guy on the boards that sells a pretty slick tool and has bushings that'll fit. the bushings are pretty common from distributors, but usually in bags of 100. a search for bearing tool should find him, i forgot who he was.

you can also remove with sockets and a vise, but i like the tool better...its simple.

Unit 91
    DU Bushing Removal Tool:
    http://www.ctsmtb.com/bushingtool.cfm

DU Bushings generally cost $1.00 to $4.00, depending on where you get them from.
    Bikes

mtbr member
    Dec 2005