mtbr member
    Nov 2006

Upset Hollowgram Spider cracked

While approaching a hill, I shifted the chain from the Sram XX 39 to the 26 ring mounted to a Cannondale KP 128 spider mounted to a Hollowgram SL crank. The chain dropped off and to my surprise two chain ring bolt holes sheared in the spider. Brought the Scalpel to my local Cannondale Dealer for service. The mechanic called Cannondale about a warranty replacement for the spider and was told their computers were down, this happened on Fri. Nov. 4. The shop called again about a replacement on 11/10 and was told computers were still down that handle warranty replacements. What is going on with Cannondale ? Seems to me most computer issues don't take over two weeks to straighten out, or Is this typical waiting for warranty replacement parts?

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Cannondale is definitely delayed due to some sort of system upgrade. As a dealer I've called them a few times over the past two weeks and I've gotten then same story as you. No, it's not normal for warranty issues to take a long time to be resolved. I'm sure it'll blow over and get sorted out. Be patient, they're not yanking your chain or anything.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    They are upgrading their system to SAP. Expect about 2 years of delays.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    More likely like never.

discombobulated SuperModerator
    Jun 2005
    SAP???
    Good luck. It was crippling for out company to switch over. Brutal experience.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    I was able to locate a spider at a not too distant dealer and my local dealer arranged for a Cannondale rep to transfer the part to his shop where my Scalpel been sitting since 11/5 for the warranty replacement to be shipped. Lucky for me, since I've been told Cannondale is just now shipping out bikes and will only ship out parts and accessories after bikes are sent out.