mtbr member

HO wmuch does the Lefty Mavic CrossLand UST wheel weigh?

I'm looking into lightweight wheel upgrade options for my new Scalpel, but it looks like lefty wheels weigh a lot mroe than regular wheels. A light regular wheel might weigh in around 700g vs 900g stock, but the lightweight lefty wheels I've read about are in the 1400g range! So, I was wondering how much a lefty front wheel, in particluar the Mavic CrossLand UST that come with my bike stock, weighs if 1400g is an improvement.

EDIT: Mods, please correct my typo in the title - I guess I wasn't fully awake when I typed it
    Last edited by fueledbymetal; 08-04-2007 at 05:07 AM.

LA CHÈVRE
    700-900 grams is a single wheel, 1400 is closer to two wheels, light ones. In fact, Lefty wheels usually weigh less than regular wheels. A Crossmax SL Lefty front wheel for exemple weighs 50 grams less than the same wheel for quick release forks (Mavic didn't update the info on the SLR Lefty so they still have the heavier 06 SL weight there, should be lighter than their QR version too). I do not know the weight of the Crosslands though (the 2007 models are claimed 965gr for the front quick release model, 1100gr for the rear), that's not too light but it's far from being over 1400gr for a single wheel!

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    yup, second that one. lefty wheels are usually lighter. while i think it is heavier than a 819 wheelset, it's not too shabby wheightwise. if you wanna upgrade, get some crossmax. can't go wrong there in my opinion, though they are somewhat pricy. there's bound to be some weight weenies in here that has some sl to spare after they swapped em for the new slr's. hehe, worth a try.

mtbr member
    Ah, thanks. In reading threads like this one:
    Need recomendation for lightweight cannondale(lefty) wheels.
    I thought they were just referring to the lefty wheelweight alone, but it sounds now like they were referring to the wheels set.