mtbr member

Hey Dan Gerous - 2008 Scalpel

So odds are the scalpel replacement is already in canada being ridden today. with the smaller crowds you should be able to get a lot closer look and more time with the tech guys. I suggest you go right now, and then report back tonight.
    one pedal stroke at a time

LA CHÈVRE
    I know, today they have the course reserved for training... but I'm still over 200km away and stuck at the office... I did quit my job though, I said I'd stay until next friday but, hey, they won't fire me now!

But even on busier days at Sainte-Anne, looks like I won't make it. It's my girlfriend's first week-end off in over a year and our relation is going through a tough period right now, I'm not sure leaving for the week-end would be a good idea and I'm already going to the Kingdom Trails in Vermont 3 days next week-end with friends to ride and camp... Maybe just one day? Come on girl, let me be! If she pisses me off though, I'll be there!

EDIT: Now that I think about it, it's probably better if I don't see it because then, I'll want one too much, I'll have to get one... and they wont be cheap! I would have to sell my Prophet, my Fisher Cake and even my one-of-a-kind road bike to afford it... but then again, it's all going to happen at some point I guess and I'd like to enter a few races eventually, a Prophet is not the right bike to race...
    Last edited by Dan Gerous; 06-22-2007 at 10:03 AM.

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    sounds like the perfect time for a surprise romantic weekend trip to a top notch ski resort

whoops they are having a world cup race, oh well that is awesome cause there will be lots to do...................

200km? That is less the 2 hrs right? I know you candians go faster than 100km an hour.
    one pedal stroke at a time

LA CHÈVRE
    Usually, 120/130 km an hour with bikes on my roof...

But she has an office party tomorrow and going to a ski/bike resort is not a place she likes to be. I knew I should have got a girlfriend that likes to ride mountain bikes... maybe next one!

Stewed Screwed & Tattooed
    Feb 2004
    You need to work on that Dan! My GF keeps asking why we HAVEN'T gone riding together yet. Maybe this weekend...

LA CHÈVRE
    I tried. I fixed her a commuting bike AND a 4000$ mountain bike, with two different saddles to try, plateform pedals like she wanted... She barely uses the commuter and hasn't touched the mountain bike after she sat on it to check the sizing, saddle height, bar reach and so on inside the apartment... I have worked enough on this, I may end up selling the mountain bike to help me get a Carbon Scalpel... maybe I should go shopping for a new girlfriend at Sainte-Anne, there should be some nice girls who actually ride over there.

By the way Ron, she even complained there was nothing for her in the box I got this week but she wouldn't use much bike stuff anyway. I'll give her some stickers.

Okay now, I just hope she doesn't end up on mtbr...

Stewed Screwed & Tattooed
    Feb 2004
    Yeah be careful she doesn't google search your nick name. Don't worry though...there are plenty of MTB girls, or girls who would love to go riding (my girl only likes fire roads which is fine by me).

As for St. Anne I am sure there will be someone taking a good hard look at those bikes. Rumor has it there will be three of them up there....

-Ron

LA CHÈVRE
    I wouldn't mind fire roads either... I'll give it another try this week-end.

Three? One for Roel, one for Fredrik and one for me!

LA CHÈVRE
    Okay, I didn't go... Sorry everyone, couldn't happen but I still posted pictures from today's race here and yep, there were three of the new bikes.
    Last edited by Dan Gerous; 06-23-2007 at 10:52 PM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    I've been to the Mont Ste-Anne on sunday afternoon. Unfortunally, the new bikes were in the big orange truck

I took a couple of pics at de dh race.... I'll try to post some in a few days...

LA CHÈVRE
    The XC races were on saturday, they must have been all packed and ready to leave for St-Felicien for next week's World Cup.