mtbr member

Help....what size Rush for me?

Folks visited the LBS this weekend and sat on a Large Rush (still raining so I could not take a test ride). I am 6' 2" and the bike seemed too small. Is it the top tube design that messed me up?

I currently ride a 19" and thought the Rush in Large would be perfect. I prefer a little more room over the top tube can I step up to the XL? What are the differences that I need to understand (crank length etc....).

Since I value everyone's opinion appreciate your feedback.

Thanks!
    -Beet

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I'm getting a prophet. I'm 6'2-6'3. The XL frame is too big to me, but the large feels a little cramped in the cockpit. I'm thinking about getting a longer stem or perhaps one of those seatposts that lean back. Might be an option for you.

mtbr member

Thanks

Sounds like I am not the only person struggling with sizing. I really need to take the XL Rush for ride.
    -Beet

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Beetle
    Sounds like I am not the only person struggling with sizing. I really need to take the XL Rush for ride.
    Everyone is struggling with sizing, cannondale really screwed up the sizing on this bike, the top tube is too long and the seat tube is too short to really fit anyone without having to screw with replacing the seatpost and possibly the stem also.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mt. Biker
    Everyone is struggling with sizing, cannondale really screwed up the sizing on this bike, the top tube is too long and the seat tube is too short to really fit anyone without having to screw with replacing the seatpost and possibly the stem also.
    The large fit me perfectly, I am not sure how that is screwed up. They can't make the exact size everyone needs. That is why there is different stem lengths, setback seat post, and 5 to 10 mm adjsutements on the saddle themselves. Any half way decent bike shop can get you the right size and get it fitted properly so you can enjoy your purchase.

Members who have read this thread: 0