Clyde

Help - Shock Pump can't fill the Lefty Rise 3 PBR

My LBS has picked up a few early production Rise 3 with the Non-Carbon PBR Lefty. I'm taking delievery of an XL next week. The problem is the RPRs they have recieved have the shrader value set so far down that we have not been able to get any of the shock pumps to make contact with the Shrader Pin. We have tried all the major shock pump makers with no avail. The LBS is working with the local Rep but I'm concerned this will shorten up my riding this season or limit my ability set up my bike correctly. Has anyone seen this issue. If so how did you get this resolved. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I've seen this on several lefty's, not just PBR's. Sometimes screwing the pump down with some pliers will work, or unscrewing the valve a turn or 2 will help. Not a very good solution though, something that good QC should be taking care of IMO.

mtbr member
    This has been a problem on other Lefty forks as well. A search on this fourm should bring up the other threads.

I Love my Rize

two options

You can buy this Sette shock pump that is awesome for the lefty as it has a inner valve contact adjuster (pink ano knob) that works beautiful every time or you can get a valve core remover and back out the inner valve a coupla turns and it should work. Make sure you tighten your valve core back to it's original position.

Sette shock pump.......... http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/162...Shock-Pump.htm
    Early to bed early to RIZE makes a man healthy, wealthy <(scratch that) and wize.

RIGHTY on a LEFTY

Clyde
    Thanks for every ones response. I touched base with my LBS and they have a replacement valve from Cannondale that will allow me to use any shock pump. It sounds like it is an issue from time to time with other lefty as well. The value is pretty long and sometimes internals get set to far down.
    Last edited by LuckySomer; 07-25-2008 at 09:07 AM.

LA CHÈVRE
    Value is a good deal, you are talking about a valve!

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I just picked up my Rize 3 and have the same problem. Pretty lame.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    My manitou pump worked perfectly on my carbon PBR.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I tried a Pollinator and a Planet Bike. Neither worked.

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Simple solution.

1/8" ball bearing. Put in pump head prior to installing the pump. No more problem.
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I ended up using a schraeder assembly for a Lefty DLR 110. Turns out all of the schraeder assemblies fit all of the Leftys. No more problem.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Yes, it does happen from time to time. Fortunately there is a simple fix. If it becomes an issue have your shop order a new schrader plug. It should solve the problem. They are interchangeable across all current Lefty's. Part number is KF212/ KIT,CAP,AIR VALVE,SPEED 110