mtbr member
    Oct 2006

Help setting up a Trigger 29er

Hi,

I have a Cannondale Trigger 1 29er (2013) and I would like to know which settings do you have in your bike. My weight is 66kg and I've adjusted the dyad with lower pressure than cannondale recomendations ( 220-186) and I'm pretty happy with the results.
    The "problem" is with the front side. What pressure do you use on your Lefty Supermax?

Thanks in advance

mtbr member
    There must be a pressure chart for Lefty online.
    I'm about 87-88kg and after I removed the air volume spacer, I'm using about 110PSI in the Lefty.
    As a comparison, with AVR, I used about 75PSI.

At least Lefty is easy to set up since you can easily check sag. The best way is to experiment and find out what you like best.
    It depends on your riding conditions, style and even temperature.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Marin (CRO) View Post
    There must be a pressure chart for Lefty online.
    I'm about 87-88kg and after I removed the air volume spacer, I'm using about 110PSI in the Lefty.
    As a comparison, with AVR, I used about 75PSI.

At least Lefty is easy to set up since you can easily check sag. The best way is to experiment and find out what you like best.
    It depends on your riding conditions, style and even temperature.
    Thanks Marin. According to the Cannondale chart I should be using 70psi and with that pressure the fork is to firm for me. I don't know if there is something wrong with Cannondale charts and It's better to adjust the fork with the sag method.
    Name:  Captura de pantalla 2014-01-10 a la(s) 17.14.30.png
Views: 488
Size:  27.2 KB

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    With Trigger you should try 1-3 steps down than your weight in setting up the rear, do not forget first to remove all air from the negative and then air up the positive and then the negative again. The new lefty's seem to be harder !! riding than the old ones, try 1 setting lower, they seem firm but in the end of the ride you will see that you have used all travel... so it works well !!

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by chris58 View Post
    With Trigger you should try 1-3 steps down than your weight in setting up the rear, do not forget first to remove all air from the negative and then air up the positive and then the negative again. The new lefty's seem to be harder !! riding than the old ones, try 1 setting lower, they seem firm but in the end of the ride you will see that you have used all travel... so it works well !!
    Thanks Chris!

I'm going to try that. I put 65psi (1 level low)on the lefty and I will see how it works.

mtbr member

Hi
    I did loads of experimenting with mine and reckon I now have it spot on. I weigh 90kg all kitted up. For the Dyad I have 290 and 245. This gives 17mm sag or 35% sag - the dyad can have up to 40%). This is far less than Cannondale guidelines which in my opinion are way to high.

For the Lefty I go with 90 which seems to give pretty much full travel for me.

This is good for general trail riding with small jumps etc. If I was going to do lots of downhill I would most probably add 10-15 psi to the Dyad and 10 to the Lefty.

Hope this helps

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Thanks Morgs010.

After this weekend test I'm going to use 70psi on the front (back is ok) and see what happens.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    During set up, are you guys able to turn the rebound dial on your lefty's? I have a 2013 Lefty Hybrid and the dial seems stuck. I don't want to take pliers to it or anything, but I can't get it to budge in any direction. There is another thread on it, but no real answer.

mtbr member

I would just remove the dial with a hex key and have a look. Maybe a bit of grime has set in there to stiffen it up. A lite grease around the dial and pop top may ease it up.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    What about the rebound settings on the lefty?
    I'm currently using it with the fastest rebound settings.
    What rebound settings do you use?

mtbr member

Can't remember exactly but I tend to get it as quick as I can get away with. From memory I think it is 6-7 clicks from full rebound.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Thanks Morgs010.

mtbr member

Can't remember exactly but I tend to get it as quick as I can get away with. From memory I think it is 6-7 clicks from full rebound.