Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Help - Scalpel vs Flash - Sizes

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  nathanbal 
#1 ·
Hello all,

I am looking for some help about the bike I am buying in the near future.

I make XC competition for many year but on the last years I changed a bit to marathon racing. I always used hardtail bikes but my last bike is an Epic S-Works because of comfort issues, specially some lower back pain.

My last hardtail was L size and I suffer some pain, then I changed for a XL frame on my Epic. I still doon't know if the pain disappear because of the size or the extra comfort.

Now it's time to change bike and I want a Cannondale this time. I want to get back to the Flash but I am afraid of that choice and also I am not sure about the size - L or XL.
I am 190cm tall (6'3") and I have a rather big distance between the BB to the top of the saddle - 81cm (32 inches).

- If the Flash a comfortable bike? How effective is the SAVE system? Shall I get the scalpel and play safe?
- What size could be mine on the Scalpel and on the Flash? I am trying for months to test these sizes but I can't find a store with bikes in stock anywhere in Europe.
- With these 32 inches distance will the height difference between the saddle and the handlebar too big?
- Does anyone have a photos of these bikes in these two sizes?

Thank you!

Frederico Contente

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.