mtbr member
    Jun 2007

HELP: Rush carbon and chain length

Hi,
    I need some help. I have a Rush carbon in size "S" and XTR (crankset, cassette, derailleurs.....). The problem is that I have recieived a chain (KMC X9 SL Gold) with only 108 links. The bike is not built up yet, so I would like to know, if anyone knows, if that chain with 108 links will be enough for a Rush carbon frame in size "S" and XTR.
    Thank you very much.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    yes it will. My 07 rush size M uses 107-108. I got an sram chain for it that was 114 links long, and there are 6 links i took off in my toolbox parts tray. Im not sure if they count the powerlink, so i am saying 107-108 will probably be perfect. You will need to actually check to make sure its not too long by making sure it covers big big ring combo without it going through the derailur, yet still having two links to spare.

LA CHÈVRE
    Yep, do as kvn2833 says to know the length needed but it should be about the same unless you have some weird gearing, all frame sizes have the same swingarm and chainstay length. And the KMC should have a power link too but they call it differently.

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    OK. Thank you for your replies.