mtbr member
    Nov 2010

Help a newb...please

acquired a 2003 F300 a few weeks ago, but it is in rough shape. Most of it *appears* to be regular maintenance type things to reverse about 2 years of indoor abandonment.

but...the front fork is broken...sheared off. I need a new one, but dont even know where to look, what size, etc...

frame is a large. can anyone point me in the right direction for sizing/pricing another fork?

Ridin' dirty!
    Can you post a picture of the damage and/or the whole bike to get an idea about the damage?
    "Common sense isn't always that common!"
    Custom Prophet and Custom Delta V

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Hopefully the photo came out clear enough to see where the arch of the fork sheared off from the leg...

As some further direction on the second photo...you can kind of see on the right leg the little strip of gray...that is the aluminum where the arch sheared off. I realize now that the arch is a little shadowed and difficult to get a perspective on, but hopefully you get the idea.

Ridin' dirty!
    If I were you I would bring the whole bike to a bicycle shop first to have them asses whether or not the frame is out of alignment....if the fork is damaged like that chances are high that the frame has some hairline fractures as well or other sorts of damages that causes the frame to lose it's structural integrity....
    "Common sense isn't always that common!"
    Custom Prophet and Custom Delta V

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Assuming the frame is OK: What size fork do I need to be looking for? Is this the kind of thing I can find on ebay or somewhere for cheaper than shop prices?

Assuming the frame is f***ed: Can I reasonably strip any parts off of what I have to sell off and make at least some lunch money?

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    UPDATE

The shop says that the Frame is fine, I bought a seat post and seat online, but still need to find a fork solution.

What is a good suggestion for a cheap fork for this bike? I'm not going to be riding hard, so high dollar is not necessary. Functionality and price are my motivators.

Any suggestions appreciated greatly.

mtbr member
    check out chainlove.com they have been offering some good deals.