mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Help with my brakes for my 2000 F2000 SL..more.>

hello forum,
    2000 F2000 SL
    i own this great light bike..its the volvo edition with xt/xtr all over it..problem is my coda brakes are terrible..yes i know, everyone agrees..terrible brakes...but anyway, can someone help me and educate me on what disc brake i can replace these codas with..im not an expert with the wrench so its something about a different size hub or something like that..anyway, any advice or options please...thx very much..vic

jcw
    Ride your bicycle(s)!
    Quote Originally Posted by victorhoffman
    hello forum,
    2000 F2000 SL
    i own this great light bike..its the volvo edition with xt/xtr all over it..problem is my coda brakes are terrible..yes i know, everyone agrees..terrible brakes...but anyway, can someone help me and educate me on what disc brake i can replace these codas with..im not an expert with the wrench so its something about a different size hub or something like that..anyway, any advice or options please...thx very much..vic
    C-dale long ago admitted that their coda brakes had big time problems, and last I knew they were still offering upgrades to either Hayes or Magura's at cost. I assume you're running the 4 bolt rotors - in which case you're only option might be Magura - but still quite an upgrade from the Coda's. If you wanted to replace your hubs with the standard 6 bolt rotor mount then you could get any brake - but definitely add to the cost. Head on down to your friendly neighborhood C-dale dealer, and see what they can do for you.
    "The question before the human race is, whether the God of nature shall govern the world by his own laws, or whether priests and kings shall rule by fictitious miracles."
    John Adams to Thomas Jefferson, 1815

Are you talking to me?

Hayes still makes 4 bolt rotors also.

My Jekyll 2000 (2001) came with 4 bolt hayes hydros. We have had to order them a couple of times at the shop.. They are only available in 6" size, no 8".

Look into Cannondale helping out with an upgrade. If they are no longer doing that, you can run Hayes or Magura rotors and use Hayes, Magura, or Avid mech's if you like.
    gfy