mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Help Choose Lefty

I looked through page after page of information here... lots of great information but I'm still not sure of a few things:

First help me understand the SL, DLR, PBR, etc.... which is best for a #210 rider? Not so much for XC racing but lots of tight single track and rock gardens. Some downhill but not a lot of air or drops. Would like to have the lockout feature for extended climbs.

Second is A2C on the different struts: which Lefty would match the following forks?
    Fox RL 80 mm = which Lefty?
    Reba RL 100 mm = which Lefty?
    Reba SL 120 mm = which Lefty?

I;m going to put a Lefty on two bikes: 29er Epic and 29er Moto Fly hard tail. I'm sick of the flex from my Reba's.

Thanks,
    Fly

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    WTF, are you guys here on the cannondale forum not will to help someone in need?

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    If you actually looked through pages and pages of stuff, you should have all the answers already

Two travel ranges. 110, and 140. Ignore the Euro market forks,they may be different (assuming you aren't in Europe).

PBR, DLR are the same thing functionally, just different modes of operation.

All leftys are the same basic chassis. Only the guts change. So any will suit your riding style and girth as far as function goes.

SL just means a lightened chassis and components. Still the same basic fork though.

My numbers may be a bit off, but if memory serves, A to C is 490 for 110, and 510 for 140.
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com